Royal Court of Targoviste tour from Bucharest
- Explore the Old Princely Court of Targoviste, an important medieval monument in Romania
- Enter the Chindia Tower, Great Royal Church and the Foundation of Petru Cercel
- Visit the former military unit of the Targoviste Museum
Visit one of the most important cities in the history of Wallachia. You will have an opportunity to visit the Royal Court, which was conceived as a complex of buildings that served both as an administrative center of the country and as a dwelling for the ruler, his family, numerous courtiers, and servants.
This was the place where conventions of the council, as well as important trials, were carried out and documents of the chancellery were issued. Guests and foreign travelers, who arrived in Wallachia for a variety of purposes were hosted here too. Enter the museum complex “Royal Court” including the following buildings: the Royal Court, the Chindia Tower, the Great Royal Church, the Foundation of Petru Cercel, "Sfânta Vineri” Church, Mrs. Bălașa’s House, the Old Chapel Church, the Royal Bathroom and the Gazebo.
You will also visit “Museum of Communism”, the place where the Ceausescu couple was sentenced and assassinated in 1989. Rooms of the museums have been designed to look like in December 1989. Visitors have access both to the room where the Ceausescus were judged and the wall where they were shot.
- Entrance tickets for the Royal Court and the Museum of Communism
- Pick-up and return for Bucharest Downtown Hotels and Hostels
- Professional tour guide
- Round-trip transportation
- Photography and Video fees
- Lunch and other personal expenses
- Childrens aged (4-10): reduced
Please confirm the pick-up place directly with the local operator 24 hours before departure.
- Maximum group size of 7 people
- Participants must be at least 4 years old
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for the tour to operate
- In the unlikely event that the minimum is not met the tour will be cancelled and you will receive a full refund
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Note pick-up is only provided from Bucharest selected centrally located hotels
- The tour company is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9.00am
- Please be ready in the lobby of the hotel with 5 minutes before the established pick-up time
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria ...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Discover the most fascinating wine cellars in Romania.The trip sets off from Bucharest in the mornin...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...