Transfagarasan Highway and Curtea de Arges Tour from Bucharest
- Experience a great day surrounded by nature on one of the highest, most amazing road in Romania - the Transfagarasan
- Spend quality time, enjoying the mountain landscape
- Get the most from your stay in Romania
In the morning you will start your journey towards the Fagaras Mountains, one of the most impressive and beautiful mountains in Romania, also named the Transylvanian Alps. Your first stop will be in the town named Curtea de Arges, at the bottom of the Fagaras Mountains, where you will visit one of the most remarkable monasteries in Romania.
Next, you will make a stop at the foot of the Poenari Citadel, a stronghold that became famous thanks to Dracula's Legend. From there you will be taken to Romania's most beautiful road, named by Top Gear "the best road in the world", the Transfagarasan, the second-highest road in Romania. The road reaches its highest point of 2034m at the Balea Lake. Here you will have an hour and a half break to enjoy the beauty of this place. You have numerous possibilities: a cable car trip between Balea Lake and Balea Waterfall; lunch in one of the chalets; or picnic or hike around this beautiful area. You will now drive back to Bucharest arriving at around 20:00.
- Transport with bus/ minivan/ car with Air Conditioning
- Licensed English/ German / Italian speaking guide
- Private pick up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest!
- All parking and road fees
- Guided tours by all sights
- Food and drinks
- This tour includes private pickup and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Every day at 8, from July to October
Romania is not all about castles and fortresses, but they are a big part of its history. Peles, one ...
Explore the main highlights of the "Vienna of the East" in a day tour to Ruse and Northern Bulgaria ...
Discover in half a day the history, culture and best sights of Bucharest You may be staying in Bucha...
Explore hundreds of years of history in this amazing two-hour tour of Bucharest.This amazing two-hou...
Discover the most fascinating wine cellars in Romania.The trip sets off from Bucharest in the mornin...
Get comfortable as you are transferred in style in a private vehicle with English-speaking driver fr...