Spend a morning discovering the history and hidden treasures of Civitavecchia. Your passionate and knowledgeable local guide will take you off the beaten path to explore the port of the Capital of the Roman Empire, through the quiet old narrow streets disclosing the local traditions and anecdotes. In the span of just three hours, you'll see the ancient Roman underground buildings, the ancient Port as well as the Julian Fortress designed by the same architect who designed the Basilica of St. Peter in Rome.
Tour of Civitavecchia's old town
Language: English , Spanish
Availability: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Discover the history and hidden treasures of Civitavecchia with a passionate and knowledgeable local guide
- Visit the Roman underground buildings, the ancient Port as well as the Julian Fortress
- Walk around the picturesque center and through the narrow streets while your guide discloses the local traditions and anecdotes
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided tour of Civitavecchia
What's not included
- Pick-up and transfers
- Child (7-17): reduced
- Young child (0-6): free
Via Prato del Turco, 3, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Meet your guide at the small garden in front of the cruise terminal off Largo della Pace, the endpoint of the free shuttle service.
What to remember
- This tour is offered in English and Spanish. Please contact the tour operator to let them know in which language you would like your tour to be in; you'll find the contact info in the voucher you'll receive after booking
- Please remember to bring a valid ID with you
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 10:00 am.
In.Ci.Tur Soc. Coop.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.