This Wicklow day tour is designed to give you an experience like no other. You'll kick off your day at Baltinglass Abbey where you'll have time to explore and marvel at its stunning architecture. Then, you'll hop back on the bus and head up the road to a working farm in the heartland of the arable side of Wicklow. You'll meet Ed, the friendly local farmer, who will be delighted to introduce you to rural life on the farm as he shows you the different breeds of bulls and introduces you to his herds of cows and calves. Then, it's time to check out the sheepdog demonstration which will give you a true insight into life in rural Ireland. You'll travel along the Wicklow Way to the scenic village of Laragh where you can enjoy a traditional local lunch before arriving at Glendalough. Check out this interesting Abbey and the surrounding lakes. The Monastery itself was founded in the 6th century by St Kevin but most of the buildings date from between the 11th and 12th century. Its setting amongst the mountains and the lakes is what sets this monastery apart from every other. So take a stroll and enjoy this magical place before you jump back on the bus to Dublin.
Wicklow and Glendalough day tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 9 hours
Do this because
- Stop by the Baltinglass Abbey and marvel at its stunning architecture
- Enjoy a sheepdog demonstration as you learn the workings of a real farm
- Admire Glendalough Monastery and its spectacular setting
What to expect
- Transport in an air-conditioned coach
- Entertaining driver/guide
- Entrance fees
What's not included
- Seniors: Reduced
- Students: Reduced
- Children (5-12 years old): Reduced
- Infants (under 5 years old): Free
Molly Malone statue, Suffolk Street, Dublin 2, D02 KX03, Ireland
Please meet your guide at the Molly Malone Statue.
What to remember
- Please bring a rain jacket and/or umbrella and comfortable footwear
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to the tour's departure
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge
- This tour departs daily at 8.20am
Extreme Ireland / Irish Day Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.