Leave the capital behind and prepare to spend the day exploring the best parts of the Scottish Borders and Northumberland. Your first stop will be the picturesque seaside town of Bamburgh where you can marvel at its castle and take in the sea views before heading on to the real star of the show, Alnwick Castle. You might recognise this castle as the backdrop of Harry Potter and Downton Abbey but this historic location also has a rich history and heritage waiting to be discovered. You're sure to feel like you're stepping back in time (or on to the big screen)! After spending some time in Alnwick, you'll hear all about the border's turbulent history as you make your way back to Scotland.
Alnwick Castle day trip from Edinburgh
Availability: Selected dates
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 9 hours 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Soak up the Harry Potter movie magic at Alnwick Castle
- Discover the seaside village of Bamburgh and its spectacular castle
- Explore the Scottish Borders and Northumberland on this fascinating day trip
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Local Scottish guide
- Souvenir map
- Audio guides
What's not included
- Entry or admission fees
- Children (age 5-16)
- Students with a valid student card (age 18+)
- Seniors (age 60+)
60 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1TB, GB
Please meet your tour at the Highand Explorer Tours office on the Royal Mile.
What to remember
- Please be advised that children under 5 years old cannot take part in the tour and anyone under 17 years old must be accompanied by an adult
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the tour's departure time
- Bring your passport or a valid ID card
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.