The city of Edinburgh may be beautiful and quaint, but there's a far more sinister side which doesn't immediately meet the eye. You'll discover Greyfriars Graveyard, whose canine inhabitant, Bobby, watches over the infamous bodies buried within. You'll hear the stories of some of the corpses beneath your feet, from their history to the myths and legends inspired from their fascinating lives. The Old Town Vaults have an especially dark past, having been home to criminals, brothels and witches, and are alive with tales to tell and are said to have plenty of spirits who still haunt the place. Be prepared to feel chills down your spine as this tour gets under the skin of Edinburgh and takes you to the paranormal side of this historic city.
The Edinburgh Vaults and graveyard tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 30 minutes
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Visit the graves of some of Edinburgh’s famous residents
- Hear the fascinating and terrifying paranormal tales associated with the vaults
- Discover the haunted side of the city
What to expect
- Guided tour
Bank of Scotland, 300 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2PH, UK
Please meet your tour at the Tourist Information and Edinburgh Dungeons Police Box, outside of the Bank of Scotland.
What to remember
- Due to Covid restrictions, this tour provider can currently only accept bookings from those residing in the Edinburgh City Area until Edinburgh City drops from Protection Level 3 down to Level 2
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- This tour is not suitable for those under the age of 16 years
- Please note that this tour is unfortunately not suitable for those with walking limitations, as due to the historic nature of the site there are no lifts or ramps available at our location and guests must enter the vaults by climbing a 2-foot tall step followed by a winding staircase
- Tours will be limited to 16 people to allow for social distancing
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
AULD REEKIE TOURS LTD
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.