The Magical Highlands Tour
- Journey by steam train through the beautiful Scottish highlands
- See famous blockbuster film locations
- Travel over the Glenfinnan viaduct and see the Forth road and rail bridges
For Harry Potter fans, train enthusiasts and those who like to see Scotland in classical style this tour is the perfect way to spend a day traveling the Scottish countryside.
The Scottish Highlands provided the perfect filming locations through the Harry Potter movie series and now fans have the opportunity to see some of those magical sites around Scotland with a day tour from Edinburgh, including a steam train journey over the famous viaduct.
It's hard to believe that in June it is 20 years since JK Rowling published her debut novel, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. Back then, no one could have predicted the wildly successful book sales and box office smashing blockbusters that would follow. Here in Scotland, you can see where the Edinburgh-dweller found her inspiration, and where the magic all began.
Still waiting for your letter to arrive by owl? An early morning coach departure from Diagon House on Victoria Street, Edinburgh you'll travel North West directly for Fort William to meet the Jacobite Steam Train affectionately known as the Hogwarts Express. Your early morning journey will take you past some of the key filming locations used in all 8 of the movies.
At the end of your journey, you'll be dropped off at Diagon House which will stay open late just for you! They are purveyors of Curiosities and officially licensed Harry Potter merchandise and reputed to be J K Rowling's inspiration for Diagon Alley.
- Jacobite Steam Train journey, single travel, returning by coach
- Knowledgeable tour manager on board
- Small packed breakfast will be provided
- Hotel drop off service
40 Victoria Street, Edinburgh EH1 2PW, UK
Departure from Diagon House, 40 Victoria St, Edinburgh EH1 2JW at 6am promptly
- Present a copy of your printed electronic voucher to your driver in order to redeem services
- Amendments to dates and tour changes are subject to a £5.00 administration fee
- Places are limited and on a first come first served basis
- Please come prepared. Dress comfortable and for all weathers. This excursion is a long day to cover the distance and make the train departure time
- There are toilet facilities on board the coach and a small packed breakfast will be provided but regrettably individual dietary requirements cannot be catered for
- Please ensure you carry water and snacks. There are facilities on board the train and lunch options in Mallaig.
- This tour is subject to a 50% cancellation fee up to 2 weeks before departure and 100% within 2 weeks
- Children under the age of 5 are not permitted to travel due to the length of time spent on board the vehicle
- Various dates available, please check the calendar for availability
- Departure from Edinburgh at 6:00 am
Are you fascinated by the mystical folklore, the Lochs, the wild scenery and the fascinating history...
Departing Edinburgh, you will travel westwards for your first stop of the day at the bonnie banks of...
Have you ever wanted to visit the famous Scottish Highlands? Are you fascinated by the mystical folk...
This tour is all about Fife, and to get there you will cross the Firth of Forth - the perfect chance...
Once you leave Edinburgh, your driver will take you through Scotland's bustling central belt to see ...
This tour is ideal for those who wish to enjoy beautiful scenery and see some of Scotland’s most fam...