Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum and Memorial Tour from Krakow
- Visit the somber memorial at Auschwitz Birkenau
- Learn the history of the camp from your expert local guide
- Step inside memorials and exhibits
- Come to grips with Holocaust history
Every year, millions of visitors from around the world walk through the gate bearing a fallacious inscription: ‘Arbeit macht frei’. Walking the same path as prisoners from over half a century ago.
The program of the visit includes introduction to the origins of the camp, its history and the everyday life of its prisoners. The Auschwitz-Birkenau complex was established in 1940 and throughout the five years of its inglorious operation over 1.5 million Jews, Poles, Italians and Frenchman perished here.
The museum was founded in 1947, combining the area of KL Auschwitz (Auschwitz I) in Oswiecim and the Birkenau camp (Auschwitz II) in Brzezinka. It comprises approximately 150 buildings and 300 ruins. The original roads, fences, watchtowers and railway ramps have been preserved. The buildings house the collection of original exhibits and documents. In 1979, the concentration camp was designated as one of the UNESCO's World Heritage Sites.
- Transfer from Krakow to the Memorial and back
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Children (5-15 years old): reduced
- Students (up to 24 years old): reduced
- Children under 5 years: free, but you have to book a place
DiscoverCracow point at: 8 Szczepanski Square
2 minutes walk from Main Market Square
- Eating and smoking, as well as taking photographs inside the buildings and acting in a loud manner are forbidden at the site
- The tour is available all year long in English
- Tours in French, Spanish, Italian and German are available depending on the season (please check the calendar)
- The closing dates vary depending on the language: within 48 hours after booking your order will be confirmed. If there is no availability you will be informed about it. In that case you can try to book the tour in another language or on another day
A professional tour guide will take you to the most interesting places that have been witness to the...
Go on a journey through the vodka culture of Poland on a 3–hour tasting tour in Krakow, and visit 4 ...
Your tour starts with pickup from your Krakow hotel at a time of your choosing. Traveling in the com...
The John Paul II route tour covers the most important places connected with the pope. The main attra...
There’s a tradition in Poland that says you can’t leave the house until you’ve had a hot drink, that...
Enjoy a day-trip to Zakopane, the Polish mountain capital located at the bottom of the Tatra mountai...