Evora and Monsaraz private tour from Lisbon with wine tasting and gastronomy
- Visit the ancient city of Évora and see all of its highlights
- Explore the Alentejo flavors while visiting a local winery and enjoy a wine tasting
- Visit Arraiolos and learn about its handmade wool carpets tradition that dates back to the 13th century
The tour will begin at the city of Évora Historical Centre, a UNESCO Site. Human presence in Évora counts thousands of years, since pre-historic times, as archaeological remains are able to prove.
During the Roman occupation, Liberalitas Julia, as it was known, was an important city of the Lusitania province. The Roman Temple, at the top of the hill, remembers the Empire presence and is the ex-libris of the city.
The Cathedral, built in the 13th century, and the Bones Chapel, a curious testimony of Human fragility, will be also visited and we will invite you, during the walking tour, to appreciate the admirable contrast the city preserves in itself between its ancient memories and the agitation of its university life.
After lunch, we will take you to know the amazing Monsaraz village. Established as a fortified settlement since the Copper Age, Monsaraz was invaded by Visigoths, Arabs and, lastly, was taken by the Crusaders, during the formation of the Portuguese Kingdom. For a long time, Monsaraz was inhabited by Christians, Jews, and Muslims. The presence of the three religions is still perceptible in the architecture and in the traditions of the ancient village.
Visit a Wine Cellar, experience the aromatic wines and the traditional gastronomy, along with the Alentejo hospitality and the splendid landscape. You will have the opportunity of tasting a variety of wines produced in the region, fresh bread, cheese, cooked meats, and jam.
Itinerary: Hotel Pickup; Évora: Historic Centre; Évora: Roman Temple; Évora: Cathedral; Évora: Bones Chapel; Lunch: Free Time; Monsaraz; Visit to a Wine Cellar; Wine Tasting and Gastronomy; Hotel Drop-off.
- Private tour
- Driver/guide (full-time trip leader)
- Tourist luxury vehicle
- Wine tasting and gastronomy
- Comfort pack (fresh waters and cleaning wipes)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off - for Lisbon central hotels, Lisbon cruise terminal, or Lisbon airport (Pick-up and drop-off do not include luggage transport)
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Entrance fees (Évora Cathedral and Bones Chapel: Adults 4€‚ Youth 3€‚ Senior 3€)
Pick you up at your hotel, apartment, airport or cruise terminal
- Group size: 2-8 people
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The pick-up and drop-off do not include luggage transport
- Infant seats are available on request
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information on the voucher after booking
- Daily except Mondays at 9:00am
This guided tour will introduce you to the Portuguese cuisine and its incredible mix of Mediterranea...
Explore the Portuguese capital and its highlights on a morning tour of Lisbon, before driving to the...
Our Yellow Bus double-decker open-top buses allow you to discover Lisbon in an easy and comfortable ...
Join us on this full day tour which full of unforgettable experiences: live history in the medieval ...
Enjoy this half-day tour to Sintra and discover the most iconic places in Europe’s most beautiful an...
We started the year and the matinés by opening ourselves to the cultural and artistic movement of Li...