Downton Abbey and village small group tour from London
- Visit the Oxfordshire village used as Downton village
- See the home of Matthew Crawley and where the church, village fair and hospital scenes were made
- Watch episodes of Downton Abbey as you travel between locations
- Wander around the ‘Above Stairs’ rooms of the property used as Downton Abbey including the drawing room, main hall and library
Become Lord or Lady Grantham for the day, as you visit the film locations used for the BAFTA-winning period drama on a small-group tour of Downton Abbey locations. Get cozy with no more than 15 people traveling by mini-coach as well as your own guide plus driver. This is the best option for a Downton Abbey fan.
The day will start from central London, then head for the charming Oxfordshire village that has been featured as Downton Village. Here, you will get a guided tour of locations such as Downton hospital, the village pub, the former home of Matthew Crawley and the local church.
Get fascinating anecdotes about how the global hit TV series was made, about the actors involved and about the wonderful history of the places you visit on the tour.
You'll take a short comfort break there before heading to Highclere Castle, which is used as the main Downton Abbey set. On the way, you'll learn about the 1000-year history of Highclere Castle and life ‘above and below stairs’.
Food for lunch can be purchased at Highclere Castle or you can bring your own lunch and enjoy it in the beautiful grounds. You’ll be able to explore independently the ‘Above Stairs’ area inside Downton Abbey with the aid of a self-guided information sheet.
As you wander around the estate, you'll be able to imagine life as it was over 100 years ago and enter the world of the aristocratic Crawley family and their servants.
- Professional guide
- Entry fees to Highclere Castle House and Gardens
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink
- Entry to the Egyptian exhibition (GBP 5 on the day)
- Car/booster seats for children under 3 years
- Children (ages 16 and under)
Gloucester Road Station, Kensington, London
Meet your guide at the Gloucester Road Station (London Underground). The tour ends in central London.
- This tour is an unlicensed and unauthorized tour of sites featured in the television series Downton Abbey produced by Carnival Film and Television and NBCUniversal International Limited. Brit Movie Tours Limited and this tour does not have any association with, or connection to, the television series Downton Abbey, Carnival Film and Television or NBCUniversal International Limited
- This tour departs at 9.00am daily during certain dates
- 7-23 April
- 5-7 May
- 26-28 May
- 7 July - 3 September
- Highclere Castle is closed on Fridays and Saturdays from July to September
When writer Helen Fielding brought a thirty something singleton to life through a column in The Inde...
Travel to Bath, Stonehenge and Salisbury with this full-day excursion from London. Entrances and lun...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating pr...
Are you as passionate about Yeats as he was about the Golden Dawn? Do you have fond memories of read...
Enjoy a kid’s free afternoon as they set off to enjoy a bowling and skating experience in London. Th...