Don Quixote Experience day trip from Madrid
- Discover La Mancha, the land of Don Quixote, Belmonte, Mota del Cuervo and the town of El Toboso
- Explore the places where Miguel de Cervantes was inspired to write Don Quixote de la Mancha
- Visit the Bodega de la Mancha and taste great wines
- Enjoy a lunch in a typical restaurant
Discover La Mancha - homeland of Don Quixote - Belmonte, Mota Del Cuervo and the village of El Toboso, where according to recent research Miguel de Cervantes was inspired for some of its neighbors to write the most famous novel of all time, “The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha”. You will visit the Castle of Belmonte, completely restored and will know how the life of a mediaeval knight was, the heroes of the stories that did Don Quixote went mad.
La Mancha is a land of great wines. You will make a stop along the way to visit the winery MontReaga in Monreal Del Llano. After a guided tour, you will enjoy a tasting of their best wines.
You will have lunch at a typical “mesón” at Mota del Cuervo. After lunchtime you will visit its famous windmills, who witnessed the battle of Don Quixote against the Giants of his imagination. In there is wind enough, you will see how the flour was traditionally made “molienda” from the wheat.
The tour will end at El Toboso, the village of Dulcinea, the love of Don Quixote. El Toboso houses the Cervantes Museum, which keep hundreds of Don Quixote translated editions in almost all the languages in the world. And a lot of copies of the great book signed by many international personalities from different countries and eras.
The House-Museum of Dulcinea Del Toboso faithfully replicates how was the home of a knight in the times of Cervantes, as it would have been the house of Don Alonso Quijano “El Quixote”.
From El Toboso you will return to Madrid.
- Airconditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Entrance fees to Belmonte Castle, Museum of Cervantes, House-Museum of Dulcinea del Toboso, Mota del Cuervo Windmills
- Guided tour and wine tasting in Mont Reaga Winery
- Lunch in a typical Mesón in Mota del Cuervo
- Beverages or other services not specified
- Children 6-15 years old
- Senior over 65 years old
Calle San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
JULIÁ TRAVEL OFFICE: San Nicolás 15 (Next to Plaza de Ramales) – Madrid
- Minimum 2 pax per booking
- Arrival point: Underground parking Plaza de Oriente, Level -2
- From 1 April: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8.45am
- Check-in 15 minutes before departing time
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
Combine 2 half-day tours.In this tour you will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architec...
This adventure starts at 9:00 at Madrid Atocha train station where you will take the high speed trai...
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities aroun...
Explore the historic cities of Avila and Segovia of the Castille y Leon on this luxury coach tour. L...
The Monastery of El Escorial was built under the reign of the powerful King Philip II as a residence...
Combine two half day tours!Toledo (morning)Discover the "City of the Three Cultures"! Located 70 km ...
The best tour to get acquainted with the city. During approximated 2:30 hours, we’ll see the most im...
Get to know Madrid in a personalized way, going at your pace, without stress, walking and learning m...