Express tour to the Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen
- The basilica that houses the tombs of former Spanish kings at the Monastery of El Escorial
- The memorial monument of Valley of the Fallen
- One of the most curious renaissance buildings in Spain
Visit two of the most important monuments located on the outskirts of Madrid.
Departing in the afternoon, you’ll be taken to the Valley of the Fallen, a complex built between the years 1940 and 1958 as a memorial monument to honor the memory of the fallen. There, you’ll find the largest cross of the Christian world, as well as the tombs of Francisco Franco and José Antonio Primo de Rivera.
Afterwards, you will go to the Monastery of El Escorial, where you'll visit the former home of the Royal Spanish family, the basilica that houses the tombs of former Spanish kings, and the monastery, founded by monks of St. Jerome’s Order, currently occupied by friars of St. Augustine’s Order.
This monastery is one of the most curious renaissance buildings in Spain and overall of Europe. Besides, you’ll get to visit the gardens of the friars, ultimate proof of the concept of gardening that King Phillip II had, which was finding visual beauty as well as allowing the cultivation of vegetables and fruits.
This tour includes transportation and entrances to the Monastery of El Escorial and the Valley of the Fallen.
After the visit to the Monastery you will go back to the square Ventas in Madrid.
- Bilingual guide (simultaneously in English and Spanish)
- Tickets to the Basilic and tickets to the Monastery of El Escorial
- Round transportation in an air-conditioning vehicle from the meeting point to the Escorial and the Valley and back to Madrid
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Infants 0-2 years old: free
- Children 3-11 years old: reduced
Ventas Metro Station, exit Street Julio Camba
- From April to October: Tuesday, Friday and Saturday at 2.00pm
- From November to March: Fridays and Saturdays at 2.00pm
- Blackout dates: 24/25/31 December, 1 January
la liga spain: Real Madrid - Villarreal CF 05-05-2019 Paseo de la Castellana, 142, 28036 Madrid, Spa...
la liga spain: Atletico Madrid - Sevilla FC 12-05-2019 Calle Poligono 4, 32, 28022 Madrid, Spain Del...
Fiche artistique : Opéra en trois actes Musique : Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) Livret : Giova...
Attention, lors de l’achat de ce match, vous recevrez une contremarque qui ne permet pas l’accès au ...
NO RULES FRIDAY January 25 Genres: Hits Lines Up: TBA Atmospheres: Elegant Door Policies: Casual dre...
Celebrate with us Carnival! ️ elrow lands at FABRIK on Saturday, March 2 from 5:00 pm ???? The best ...