Madrid in a day: early entry to Royal Palace, with wine tasting, monument stroll and Prado Art Museum
- Enter the Royal Palace a full hour before it opens to the general public
- Stroll the medieval streets of Central Madrid and learn the fascinating history of what was once the richest city in the world
- Taste tapas, wine, and olive oil in a local market
- Enjoy stunning views from a hidden roof terrace
- View beautiful monuments along the Paseo del Prado, including Cibeles Palace, the Central Bank, and Fountains of Neptune and Apollo
- Experience the world-famous art collection in the Prado Museum with an expert guide
Madrid is packed with art, architecture and culture, and on this full day tour, you’ll experience the best of it with an expert local guide. Your day starts when you enter the heart-stopping Royal Palace a full hour before the general public to explore the beautiful interiors and see paintings by Caravaggio, Goya, Velázquez, and more. Your guide will tell you how the discovery of the Americas created this amazing building and funded the powerful dynasties that once lived here.
Leaving the palace, you’ll enter the Barrio de la Morería to learn about Madrid’s Muslim roots then enter the Mercado de la Cebada for a crash course in Spanish food culture. We’ll take you to our favorite stall to taste wine, olive oils, and small plates and learn why the Spanish custom of tapas is one of the country’s most treasured institutions.
Next, you’ll explore the medieval streets of central Madrid, stopping at the Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol as your guide tells you story of how the city went from an outpost of a crumbling Moorish empire to the preeminent Catholic power in Europe. Then it’s time for a surprise: We’ll take you to the top of a rooftop terrace for jaw-dropping views over the entire city. From up there, your guide will show you points of interest and give you recommendations for lunch.
After your lunch break, your guide will take you on a stroll down Madrid’s most famous street, the Paseo del Prado, to experience and learn about its most iconic monuments, like the Cibeles Palace, Central Bank and the fountains of Neptune and Apollo.
Your stroll leads you to the steps of the Prado art museum, home to one of the greatest collections of European art in the world. You’ll enter with skip the line tickets and enjoy a full tour of the museum’s highlights, including works by Rembrandt, Raphael, Goya, Velazquez, El Greco, Bosch, and more. Your guide will tell you the stories behind the art and help you understand what makes each piece so celebrated.
Your tour ends in the museum; you can either spend more time enjoying the art or get recommendations for what to see, do and eat from your guide before heading off, safe in the knowledge that you have experienced the very best of the city in a single day.
- Teatro Opera (outside)
- Plaza de Oriente
- Palacio Real (inside)
- Catedral de la Almudena (outside)
- Mercado de la Cebada (inside for tapas, wine & olive oil tasting)
- Plaza della Villa (outside)
- Mercado San Miguel (outside)
- Plaza Mayor
- Puerta del Sol
- Calle Alcala
- Panoramic viewpoint
- Monumental Madrid (Passeo del Prado, Cibeles & Neptune Fountains & Banco de España)
- Prado Museum Masterpieces, including Las Meninas by Velázquez
- Early access Palacio Real (enter 1 hour before the general public)
- Tapas & 2 wine tastings
- Olive oil tasting
- Skip the Line entrance to Prado Museum
- Expert Walks tour guide
- Tour in English only
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Infants under 4 years old are free of charge
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
MORNING PART: This tour meets at the statue of Isabel II, in the middle of Plaza de Isabel II, at the "OPERA" Metro station. Meeting Point Directions: Arriving by Metro: Metro Ópera is on Line 2 (red line) & Line 5 (green line) of the Madrid Metro.
AFTERNOON PART: This tour meets in front of the Circulo de Bellas Artes, Calle de Alcalá, 42. This tour meets at 2:15 PM, for a prompt departure at 2:30 PM. Meeting Point Directions: Arriving by Metro: The closest Metro station is Banco de España on Line 2 of the Madrid Metro.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- 15 September 2018 - 31 October 2018: Fridays, Saturdays
- 01 November 2019 - 31 March 2019: Not running
- 01 April 2019 - 31 October 2019: Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays
Meeting & Departure Time:
- Meeting Time: 8.30am
- Departure Time: 8.45am
Your day will begin with a city sightseeing tour of Madrid and will continue with a visit of the Pra...
Your afternoon starts outside the market of Antón Martín, one of the most traditional of the food ma...
This guided tour will take you to Madrid's most majestic area. Some of the city's most famous monume...
Your day starts in Central Madrid where you’ll meet your guide and small group then hop into a priva...
This tour will make it easy for you to discover the most splendid squares in the Spanish capital, su...
This full-day tour, with departure from Madrid, will take you to two of the most famous cities aroun...
In this tour we will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architectural ensemble declared a ...
In this walking tour you will discover the essence of Madrid, the places you cannot miss when you vi...
Don't miss the opportunity to get to know these three essential attractions on the surroundings of M...
Your local guide will introduce you to the fascinating world of Jerez wines, at two authentic bars i...