This tour will take you through the most valuable treasures of this great museum and you will also discover the symbolism and LGBTQ+ history that lies behind the artworks of the Prado Museum. You will begin in ancient Spain, discussing Roman emperors and their legacy, their lovers and the art within the Prado which immortalizes them. As we progress through the museum's many galleries, we highlight the global masterpieces, from Il Bosco through Velázquez on to Goya, and explain the backstory behind them, how they fit-in and tell the story of Spain, interwoven with tales of particularly gender fluid or homoerotic artwork, and highlight art's role as a secret language through the ages. This tour not only shows you the must-see pieces but also adds a special extra, it teaches you about love, gender and lust through the artful portrayal of the "love that dare not speak its name".
Prado Museum LGBTQ tour
Duration: 2 hours
Language: English , Spanish
Mobile voucher accepted
SKIP THE LINE
Do this because
- Discover the most valuable treasures of the Prado
- Enjoy this unique experience with an unconventional itinerary
- Learn about the symbolism and LGBTQ+ history that lies behind the artworks of the Prado Museum
What to expect
- English or Spanish speaking guide
- Skip-the-line ticket for the museum
Paseo del Prado, s/n, 28014 Madrid, Spain
The guide will be waiting for you next to the statue of Goya, in front of the Museum ticket office.
What to remember
- English speaking guide. Also available in Spanish
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Prado Museum
- Maximum of 6 people per group, plus the guide
- Daily at 10.00am and 5.00pm
- Closing days: 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
Madrid Gay Experiences
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100 % refund if you cancel up to 3 days before the activity begins. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 50 % refund.