Wine tasting and Iberian ham tapas tour in Madrid
- Visit one of the most famous 'Houses of Ham'
- Learn all about the wide range of Jamón and its related products
- Unique experience - definitely something to write home about
Tour off the beaten tracks, tasting the best Iberian ham pairing it with selected Spanish wines. Tour experience handed by native Madrilenian.
Learn about Spanish wines and discover traditional Iberian ham houses in Madrid. During this tour, taste several cuts of Iberian meats like chorizo, salchichón, lomo, and ham paired with Manchego cheese and other classic tapas. As you do so, learn about the fascinating history and culture of wine, the differences between each type of ham you can find in the market and master how to shop for them like a local.
You will visit emblematic and high-quality Jamonerías (home of ham).
Do you know the difference between Jamón Serrano and Jamón Ibérico? Do you know the difference between Jamón and Paletilla? They will explain it to you.
Learn all about the wide range of ham and its related products. They will show you where are the Jamón Ibérico's 4 protected Qualified Appellation of Origin in Spain.
Taste and see how a professional ham cutter carves those delicious thin slices with his special long knife. You will experience first-hand why Iberian ham (Black hoof) is so delicious and unique…and also healthy!
- Foodie specialized local guide
- Spanish wines tasting
- Iberian Ham, cured meats, tapas, and cheese tasting
- A glass of wine, beer, or soft drinks in each bar/jamonerías
- Explanations about Spanish ham and wine culture
- Spanish virgin olive oils tasting
- Explanations and tasting of Cocido Madrileño (Madrilian stew)
- English/Spanish speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks not specified
- Transportation to the meeting point
Plaza de Isabel II, 8, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Plaza Isabel II. Right beside statue of Queen Isabel II (Metro station Opera)
- Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary, allergies or otherwise) at the time of booking
- Vegetarian option not available
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A minimum of 2 persons is required for this tour. The activity will be cancelled in case the minimum is not met and you will be fully refunded; maximum 15 persons
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 1.30pm
- Check-in: 15 minutes earlier
Spaniards usually go to different tapas bars for dinner sharing different food dishes like Iberian h...
Enjoy this fun introduction to the Spanish gastronomic culture. You will learn how to cook Paella,To...
Our stroll starts at 7.00pm, at The Statue of the Bear and the Strawberry Tree (Puerta del Sol). Fro...
Our stroll starts at 12.30h or 7.00pm (According to chosen schedule), at The Statue of the Bear and ...
You will go with a local guide expert in history and gastronomy to the most popular tapas bars of Ma...
Unveil the knowledge. Discover the hideouts. Be a local combining variety of tastings, History & Cul...
Enter one of the most "castizos" neighborhoods of Madrid with the help of an expert guide in gastron...
Spain is famous for its traditional tapas and the bite-size dishes are an ideal introduction to Span...
While you are visiting Madrid, you cannot miss Spain’s National Art Museum and Reina Sofía Museum.At...
The unique flamenco theater in the world! For the first time, the magic of the flamenco singing, dan...