Start with a tour at the museum to learn about Dutch, French, and British history and the communities are intertwined with flora and fauna. Next, you will continue with a 3-4 hour hiking tour along the Ridgeline Trail and learn about the history of Île aux Benitiers. You will have a guide to accompany you during this hike, who will point out the importance of the preservation work at Ebony Forest. Enjoy the fresh air and marvel at the beauty of the coral-shaped flowers, ebony trees, and the rare coral trees, together with other animals like fruit bats, Phelsuma geckos, pic pic birds. This activity is fitting for adults and children although you need to be physically fit as the hike is for about 5-6 kilometers until you reach Piton Canot.
Mauritius Ebony Forest and hiking tour
Language: English , French
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Entrance Fees Included
Do this because
- Hike along the Ridgeline Trail
- Enjoy a breathtaking view from Piton Canot
- Have a guide to accompany you to learn more about the history of the island
What to expect
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- One drink (lemongrass juice, tamarind juice, or soft drink)
- Vegetarian snacks (gateaux piments and vegetable samosas)
- Children (age 4-12)
If you choose the option with pick-up from Sharm, please indicate your pickup location at checkout and confirm your pickup time and location directly with the local operator.
What to remember
- Please wear comfortable shoes, a jacket, bring a bottle of water, and a camera
- This activity runs with a minimum of 2 adults
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 50% refund if you cancel up to 36 hours before the activity begins.