Swimming with dolphins and whale watching in Mauritius
- Spend the morning viewing and swimming with wild dolphins in their natural environment
- Discover beautiful coral and tropical fish while snorkeling at a popular dive site
- Spend the afternoon discovering Humpback and/or Sperm whales in the open seas
Start your day with a complimentary breakfast, served at 7.00am. After that enjoy a 5.5 hour excursion off the West Coast of Mauritius, from 7.30am to 1.00pm. Your breakfast includes of croissants, pains au chocolat, sandwiches, fruit, tea, coffee, and water. Then listen to a briefing from your skipper about the important aspects of swimming with dolphins in the wild, including the types of dolphins you'll encounter, their habits, guidelines for sustainable dolphin watching, and how to stay safe in the water.
Then, you're ready to head to Tamarin Bay for your 2.5-hour dolphin experience by speedboat. Your skipper will accompany you in the water when it’s your turn to swim with the dolphins, if you prefer. Afterward, you have the chance to go to the Aquarium, a popular snorkeling and diving site with beautiful coral and tropical fish. Snorkeling gear is provided.
In the afternoon, enjoy three hours of whale watching in the open sea. After heading back to the shore to switch boats, your skipper will brief you on the types of whales that you will see and the guidelines for sustainable whale watching. Humpback whales can be sighted off the Mauritian coast between July and September/October, when they move from the south pole to warmer waters near the equator to breed before going back to the Antarctic. Sperm whales, however, can be observed almost year-round.
Whale watching is a different and more difficult outing, as you have to go further out to sea, and the success of sightings depends a lot on the weather and sea conditions.
- Local guide
- Use of snorkel equipment
- Drinks and sandwiches
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children ages 5-12: reduced
Meet your guide at the intersection of La Jetée Road and Colonel Dean Avenue in Grand Riviere Noire.
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Not recommended for children under 5 years of age
- In almost all cases (at least 90%), you will see dolphins, but if this is not the case, a second outing will be offered on the boat free of charge for the dolphin viewing only (2.5 hours). It’s important to note that there will be no refund once you have completed the activity
- There is a 60% chance that you will see whales, but if that is not the case, the local tour operator is unable to provide a refund due to the high fuel costs, so please consider this before making a booking
- Your booking will be confirmed within 48 hours
- Tour is offered in English and French
- Tour starts at 7.00am
Embark on a dream cruise aboard a catamaran and spend a memorable day sailing the South East coast o...
Get ready for the experience of a lifetime: swim with dolphins in their natural environment, snorkel...
Spend a fabulous day in Mauritius looking for wild dolphins in the Indian Ocean. Swim with the playf...
Spend a day in paradise, and go on this unique island hopping day trip on the South East/East Coast ...
Mauritius' Central Plateau's rich and fertile plains have long been synonymous with an activity that...
This trip allows you to check out Mauritius' impossibly blue lagoons from a swish catamaran. You'll ...