Tickets for Isola Bella
- Discover the splendor of Isola Bella with its architectural treasures
- Take in the stunning view of the blooming gardens in baroque style
- Walk through the beautifully furnished halls of the Palace
- See the Borromeo's collection with over 130 paintings
Isola Bella is a stunning site where recurrent blooming blends with priceless architectural treasures. Founded by Vitaliano VI Borromeo, the Island is a baroque paradise floating on the blue waters of Lago Maggiore. Step back in time and immerse yourself into the fairy-tale atmosphere of the Island and its mix of vivid colors.
In the gardens you can see statues and architectural decoration beside the perfect green geometry of botanical treasures as well as the blue shades of the Lake. Many expert gardeners work daily to preserve this place of wonders to ensure that it stays as magnificent as it was meant to be, reflecting the magnificence of the noble house.
As you cross the gate, it will be difficult not to be awed by the view of the Amphitheater as it rises in the middle of the island. The Italian garden stretches out with terraces placed at different heights, adorned with statues, obelisks, ageless stone stairs and balustrades, creating an almost magic environment.
The Palazzo and the Painting Gallery
Isola Bella’s Palazzo is a baroque architectural wonder with beautiful halls from which you can have stunning view of the lake.
On the lower floor of the palazzo you can explore the cobblestoned shell grottoes, conceived by Vitaliano Borromeo as a place for pleasure and decorated with black and white rocks and tuff stone chips.
The palazzo is also home to the General Berthier’s gallery, made of 130 paintings, precious furniture, marbles, neo-classical stucco, shining armors and Flemish tapestries made of silk and gold. The gallery, along with the Sala del Trono and the Sala delle Regine, represents the core of Borromeo’s precious collection.
- Isola Bella
- Palace and Paintings Gallery
- Children from 6 to 15 years of age: reduced
- Children under 6 years of age: free admission
Isola Bella, Lago Maggiore, Stresa VB
Isola Bella can be reached by boat or hydrofoil from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno and Laveno
- Ticket is valid through 20 October, 2019 from 9.00am to 5.30pm (last entrance)
- It is possible to visit Isola Bella along with Isola Madre and la Rocca D'Angera with combined ticket options
- The islands are not accessible to people with limited mobility
How to get to Isola Bella:
- By car: Autostrada dei Laghi, direction Gravellona Toce, exit Carpugnino. Follow the indications for Stresa.
- By boat: You can reach Isola Bella and Isola Madre from Stresa, Arona, Pallanza, Locarno, Laveno by boat or hydrofoil.
- By train: Ferrovie dello Stato, line Milano-Sempione, stop: Stresa, connection with the boat. Ferrovie Nord, line Milano-Laverno, stop: Laverno. Many meters away you will find the embarkment by boat or hydrofoil.
- Daily 9.00 am to 5.30 pm (last entrance) from March 23 to October 20, 2019
Looking for the perfect gift to celebrate an anniversary or to simply express your affection? Not su...
Wednesday 4 March 2020 From 22:00 Jazz: Re: Found presents Lettuce at Santeria Social Club Milan Gen...
New Year's Eve 2020 - Hollywood Rhythmoteque is glad to invite you to celebrate the end of 2019 with...
Saturday 14 December 2019 from 11.00 pm AMNESIA milano in collaboration w / WheRe welcome Damian Laz...
Saturday 14th December Octave One live + DJLMP c/o Tunnel Club, Milan Tickets online disponibili su ...
Tuesday 31st December New Year's Rave Tunnel Club, Milan Early Bird ticket --> Acquista ora su Xceed...