Upon arrival, explore the sights of the city’s historic fortifications, noted for numerous mosques and old buildings. As you drive towards the fort, one of the city’s most iconic landmarks, you will learn about the fascinating history of Nizwa. After you will proceed to the Nizwa souk, embellished with silver jewelry, antiques, and traditionally carved daggers. Afterward, you will head to Bahla, a UNESCO World Heritage which is home to some of the oldest fortresses in the country. Amongst a backdrop of pottery craftsmen and clay forts, you can enjoy taking wonderful pictures of your surroundings. Finally, you will head to the Jabrin Fort, built in 1675, and admire its stunning interior and architecture.
Excursions & day trips
Nizwa oasis day tour from Muscat
Availability: From Saturday to Thursday
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 8 hours
Do this because
- Explore the historical sights of Nizwa city
- Visit the Nizwa Fort and stroll along with the souk
- Enjoy a mesmerizing photo-stop at Bahla, home to the oldest forts of Oman
- Admire the spectacular interior of the Jabrin Fort
What to expect
- Pickup and drop-off from Muscat hotels
- Lunch, including water and soft drinks
- Mineral water
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Children (age 3-11): reduced
- Infants (age 0-2): free if they do not occupy a seat
Please call the local operator to confirm your pick-up location 48 hours before the tour.
What to remember
- Pick-up availability only from Muscat
- Please dress modestly and in line with the Islamic dress code. Keep your chest, shoulders and legs (from the knees up) covered
- Please wear comfortable shoes and take with you your swimwear, sunhat, sunglass and sunscreen
- Tour duration may vary depending on city traffic
- This is a moderate activity that includes some short walks
- From Saturday to Thursday at 8.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.