Shore Excursion: half-day Muscat city tour
- Discover the beauty of Muscat
- See the Sultan's palace
- Learn about the history and culture of the city
- Barter at a market like a local
Leave the port of Mina Qaboos to visit the city of Muscat. Visit the largest mosque in Oman, a religious landmark of Muscat and splendor of unique Islamic architecture. Witness the world’s second largest handmade carpet and huge chandeliers in the main prayer hall. Pass the first opera house of the Arabian Peninsula and admire the fortresses built by the Portuguese, who remained in Muscat for over one hundred and fifty years. See the Sultan's palace from the outside before venturing into the neighborhood of Muttrah, the largest Arabian souk and visiting the wonderful local market where you can learn to barter and make purchases like a local.
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque (entrance included)
- The Opera House
- The Portuguese fortresses
- The Sultanate Palace
- The Muttrah district and the market
Why buy shore excursions with Musement?
- Because a multilingual guide is guaranteed (Italian, English, French, Spanish and others)
- Because a small group experience is more personal than a large group tour
- Because ours is a real Shorexc (with capital S)
- English speaking guide
- Entrances fees if any
- Transportation from and to the port
- Anything not mentioned under "Included"
- Children 2 and under: free
- Children 3-11 years of age: reduced
Harat A'shamal St, Muscat, Oman
Meeting point: the guide will be waiting for you right after custom control. The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship.
- Operated by: OceanAir Travels
- If the minimum number of tour participants is not reached, the customer will be offered an alternative booking date or a full refund
- The tour begins 45 minutes after the arrival of the ship
- To enter the mosque, you must be covered
- For women, legs, shoulders and bare arms must be covered
- T-shirt and long pants for men
- Shoes and comfortable clothing
- Large backpack to carry your purchases
- The tour is available on the day cruises arrive in the harbor and at the times determined by the cruise company
You will drive straight to Nizwa where you will visit the Fort and the Souq. Once you have a taste o...
Running south from the Eastern Hajjar Mountains to Arabian Sea, the Wahiba Sands, described a Sand s...
Starting in the morning you will travel through the mountainous and desert landscape arriving at the...
See the 17th century round fort and the souq famous for silver jewelry, major attraction of Nizwa. B...
The coast of Oman is blessed with a variety of dolphins and whales, which consist of about 21 differ...
Wadi Bani Awf is known as one of the most fantastic tourist locations surrounding Muscat. Wadi Bani ...