Tickets for Certosa of Naples and the National Museum of San Martino
- Live the history of Naples through the nativity scenes exposed here
- Explore many works of art from the Bourbon period
- Take in the beautiful view over Naples gulf from on high the Certosa hill
One of the symbols of the city of Naples, the Certosa was founded in 1325 by Charles, Duke of Calabria and son of Robert of Anjou. It is perched atop the Vomero hill, from where you can enjoy a wonderful view over the Gulf of the city, and it is dedicated to St. Martin of Tours. The Certosa was originally a gothic monastery, but it was later expanded and restored. The original structure is only visible in the basement, where you can see the sculpture section.
The Certosa has hosted the National Museum of San Martino since 1866, a place you should visit when you want to learn more about the history of the city and its art. Here are shown many works of art from the Bourbon period until the Italian unification and later. In the former kitchen rooms, you can now see the section of the museum dedicated to the nativity scenes. Do not miss the “Tavola Strozzi”, a panel painting recently acquired by the Italian government of particular importance for urban planning since it is the first representation of the city of Naples, dating back to 1472.
- Admission to the Certosa and National Museum of San Martino
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 24 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Largo S. Martino, 10, 80129 Napoli NA, Italy
Certosa and Museum of San Martino
- Audio guides languages: Italian, English, French
- Free admission the first Sunday of each month
- In order to take advantage of the discount/free admission, you must present a valid identity document at the ticket office. Visitors who fail to meet this requirement will not be admitted to the site
- How to get there:
- Montesanto Funicular Railway: stop MORGHEN
- Chiaia Funicular Railway: stop CIMAROSA
- Central Funicular Railway: stop PIAZZA FUGA
- Metro: Line 1 - stop VANVITELLI
- ANM Bus: Line V1 - stop PIAZZALE SAN MARTINO
- Monday-Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on Wednesday, January 1st, December 25th
Considered to be one of the must-see islands in the world and a popular destination for VIPs since t...
serie a: Napoli - Chievo Verona 25-11-2018 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery T...
serie a: Napoli - Torino 17-02-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets ...
serie a: Napoli - Udinese 17-03-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets...
serie a: Napoli - Genoa 07-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets w...
serie a: Napoli - Atalanta 20-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Ticket...