Herculaneum: Guided Visit to the Archaeological Site
- Visit the UNESCO archaeological site of Herculaneum with an expert guide
- Explore the 4-hectares site where you'll find homes, temples, and thermal baths
- See the remains of the Roman city buried by a Vesuvius eruption in 79 AD
- Visit also the Museo Archeologico Virtuale with 3D models of buildings & monuments
Overlooking the Gulf of Naples, Herculaneum became famous worldwide when the archaeological excavations brought the ancient splendor of the Roman city that it once used to the surface, before the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 AD buried everything with lava. Along with Pompeii, it was listed among the World Heritage Sites by UNESCO in 1997.
This 2-hour tour will allow you to explore the archaeological site with an expert guide. We will visit the whole site and the beautiful Roman homes. The excavations in Herculaneum revealed superb, well-preserved frescoes and objects made of wood. Particularly interesting are the Shrine of the Augustals, the Roman baths and the many shops.
If you wish, you can also visit the Virtual Archaeological Museum (the Museum ticket can be purchased on site). Here you will learn about the life in these Roman cities before the tragic eruption of Mount Vesuvius. You will discover beautiful 3D models of the most famous buildings and monuments of the Roman region of Campania.
- Skip the line tickets & guided visit of Herculaneum Archaeological Site
- Entrance to the Virtual Archaeological Museum (Msueo Archeologico Virtuale)
- Snacks & drinks
- Everything not mentioned in the Included field
- Reduced for EU citizens between 18 and 25 years old and teachers
- Free: under 18 years old
- Admission to the museum requires a separate ticket that must be purchased on site (Full price - €7 Reduced - €6 for under 18, over 65, students, and teachers).
Corso Resina, 185, 80056 Ercolano NA, Italy
Ruins of Herculaneum Ticket Office
We recommend that you wear comfortable shoes and bring along a hat and a bottle of water. You can't bring any large bags and backpacks inside the site: you can leave them at the entrance where a free cloakroom service is available and retrieve them at the end of your visit.
This is a 2-hour guided tour that only includes the archaeological site. The tour lasts for 3 hours if you wish to visit both the archaeological site and and the Virtual Archaeological Museum (Museo archeologico virtuale). Admission to the museum requires a separate ticket that must be purchased on site (Full price - €7 Reduced - €6 for under 18, over 65, students, and teachers).
The tour will not take place if it does not reach a minimum number of participants. If this happens you will be offered an alternate date for your booking or a total refund.
Saturday and Sunday at 10 AM
Housed in a 16th century palace originally built as residence for a cavalry barracks and inaugurated...
The Museum Pignatelli Cortes is an example of “house-museum”: the objects you see inside are still i...
The National Museum of Capodimonte is housed in the sumptuous palace of the same name that once serv...
The National Museum of Duca di Martina contains one of the most prestigious collections of European ...
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
Explore the Amalfi Coast with a knowledgeable driver aboard a comfortable Mercedes. You’ll depart fr...