Tickets for Capodimonte Museum
- Admire the famous collections of paintings and masterpieces from 13th to 20th century
- Visit the contemporary art section, with works of art specially made for the museum
- Explore the royal apartments with their elegant decorations - once seat of the Bourbon family
The National Museum of Capodimonte is housed in the sumptuous palace of the same name that once served as residence for noble families between the 18th and early 20th century. The Bourbons decided to build this palace in 1738 but the costruction work only ended over a century later. The name of the palace comes from the Farnese collection, one of the most important families of the Italian Renaissance. It includes masterpieces by Titian, Parmigianino and Carracci and a sumptuous display of decorative arts. Over the centuries the museum was enriched with major works of art from former Bourbon residences and churches in Naples and Southern Italy, sometimes of entire collections, such as the Borgia and d’Avalos collections.
On the first floor you can visit the Royal Apartments, where you will also see an array of the famous Bourbon chinaware. On the second and third floor, you can visit the Neapolitan Gallery and the sections of the museum dedicated to 19th century and contemporary art, whose works of art were especially made for the museum by international artists.
- Entrance tickets to the museum
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 24 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Museum of Capodimonte, Via Milano, 2, 80137 Naples
- Audioguides are available in Italian, English and French
- Admission to the museum is free on the first Sunday of the month
- In case of purchase of a reduced/free fare, it will be necessary to present a valid document at the ticket office, certifying the right to purchase a reduced/free fare. In case of lack of certification, visitors will not be admitted to the site
- From 12/12/17 to 09/12/18 the site hosts the exhibition "Il sensibile guardare"
- How to get there:
Bus: ANM 178 Via Capodimonte stop
Bus: ANM R4 Via Capodimonte stop
Bus: ANM C63 Via Capodimonte stop
- Monday-Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on Wednesday, January 1st, December 25th
Considered to be one of the must-see islands in the world and a popular destination for VIPs since t...
serie a: Napoli - Chievo Verona 25-11-2018 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery T...
serie a: Napoli - Torino 17-02-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets ...
serie a: Napoli - Udinese 17-03-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets...
serie a: Napoli - Genoa 07-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets w...
serie a: Napoli - Atalanta 20-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Ticket...