Tickets for the Royal Palace of Naples
- Discover the well-preserved Royal Apartments decor
- Skip the line! Enjoy more time to visit the Palace
- Admire the breathtaking views over the Gulf of Naples and Vesuvius
Originally intended as the residence for the Spanish King Philip III of Spain while on a visit, the Palace was built in 1600 and housed the Viceroy Fernando Ruiz de Castro, earl of Lemos and his wife instead. The modern building was begun by one of the most prominent architects of the day, Domenico Fontana, and is located in the southern part of the ancient city, fronting on the beautiful Piazza del Plebiscito. The palace was damaged by a fire in 1837 and then restored under the direction of Gaetano Genovese, author of the double staircase and other additions of a Party Wing and a Belvedere. One of the most distinguishing characteristics of the palace is the façade with its eight kings.
The Throne Room, Court Theatre, Royal Apartments, and Oratory (the queen’s personal chapel) are all highlights of the palace. Visit the Royal Palace and admire its grand halls, massive tapestries, beautiful works of art, and fine, perfectly preserved furnishings.
- Admission to the Royal Palace of Naples
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 24 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Piazza del Plebiscito, 1, 80132 Napoli NA, Italia
Royal Palace of Naples
- Audio guides are available in English, Italian and French
- Free admission the first Sunday of each month
- In case of purchase of a reduced/free fare, it will be necessary to present a valid document at the ticket office, certifying the right to purchase a reduced/free fare. In case of lack of certification, visitors will not be admitted to the site
- How to get there:
- Bus: ANM R1 - stop in Via San Carlo
- Bus: ANM R3 - stop in Via San Carlo
- Bus: ANM C4 - stop in Piazza Trieste e Trento
- Monday-Sunday 9am-8pm (last admission at 7pm)
- Closed on Wednesday
Considered to be one of the must-see islands in the world and a popular destination for VIPs since t...
serie a: Napoli - Chievo Verona 25-11-2018 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery T...
serie a: Napoli - Torino 17-02-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets ...
serie a: Napoli - Udinese 17-03-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets...
serie a: Napoli - Genoa 07-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Tickets w...
serie a: Napoli - Atalanta 20-04-2019 Via Luigi Tansillo, 25, 80125 Napoli NA, Italy Delivery Ticket...