Tour of Pompeii from Naples
- Discover the incredible history of Pompeii with an expert guide
- Take a plunge into the past and walk the streets of the Roman city
- See ancient buildings and beautiful frescoes
- All taxes, surcharges and fees are included to avoid last-minute surprises
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- A perfect experience for kids - spark their imaginations
Meeting at the hotel at 10.00am, you will head to Pompeii to visit one of the most fascinating places in Naples, thanks to the story of a professional guide. At the time of the Romans, Pompeii was a rich and very populated city, full of public and private buildings. One summer day in 79 AD, all of Pompeii and its approximately 20,000 inhabitants were covered under tons of ash and pumice because of a violent explosion of Vesuvius. A shower of lapilli deposited everywhere covering the ground for more than 6 meters, wrapping everything and making imprints of the bodies and clothes of those who were fleeing. After about 2000 years, you have the opportunity to discover the daily life of the imperial era and imagine the fear of the population before the city was destroyed. With a two-hour walk, your guide will illustrate the most evocative places of the city such as the Forum, the Spa, the House of the Roofs with its beautiful frescoes and the Lupanare. A visit not to be missed for anyone who visits this region of Italy! After the tour, return to Naples at 1.30pm.
- Guided tour
- Roundtrip transportation
- Hotel pick-up
- Entrance ticket
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Pick-up from your hotel in Naples
- At checkout you will be asked to provide the address of the pick-up in Naples
- A minimum of 2 participants is required
- Every day at 10.00am
This tour is the reason why many tourists come to Italy: Capri is at the same time a wonderful natur...
Less busy and smaller than Pompeii, Herculaneum is considered by many to be a better preserved examp...
The Museum Pignatelli Cortes is an example of “house-museum”: the objects you see inside are still i...
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hi...
The National Museum of Capodimonte is housed in the sumptuous palace of the same name that once serv...
The National Museum of Duca di Martina contains one of the most prestigious collections of European ...