Gory Walking Tour of Newcastle
- Discover the dark secrets of Newcastle
- Hear tales of the city's ghosts, criminals and gangsters
- Wind your way along the old streets and hidden parts of towns
Follow your guide down Grey Street for a chilling introduction to Newcastle, Necromancers, Explosions and body Snatching.
Dare to discover the dark secrets of Newcastle on this spine-chilling 90-minute walking tour. Hear tales of Newcastle’s ghosts, criminals and gangsters as you walk along Dean Street, High Bridge Street, and see sights like Earl Grey's Monument, Castle Keep and Bigg Market.
Explosions and revolutionaries are also included as you wind your way along the old streets and hidden parts of the Quayside you’ve never discovered before. Learn how being drunk could get you into a lot of trouble and how hangings were an event for all the family. The Gory tour is a great way to see the darker side of Newcastle and learn its more unpleasant past.
- Guided tour of the city
- Humorous and gruesome storytelling
- Children (0-15): reduced
Grey’s Monument on Blackett Street.
- We suggest that you dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable
- Please note that the terrain on the tour can be uneven and hilly due to Newcastle’s natural topography
- If you are booking tickets for a group of people, please remember to select the correct price: select for all your tickets the "small group" price tag if you are booking 2 to 6 tickets, or the "large group" price tag if you are booking 7 to 16 tickets
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
From Monday to Saturday at 10 am, 2 pm or 4 pm.
In only an hour your guide will help you to scratch beneath the surface of the northern city to disc...
This informative half-day walking tour explores the history and treasures of Durham. Sitting under t...
Hadrian’s Wall, the UNESCO world heritage site, was the frontier of the Roman Empire. The frontier e...
Spend your day on a historic tour of Bamburgh and Lindisfarne, centres of the English Kingdom of Nor...
Hadrian’s Wall is a UNESCO world heritage site and the frontier of the Roman Empire. Join the day-lo...
Ann Cleeves’ brilliant and no-nonsense DCI Vera Stanhope (Actress Brenda Blethyn) in her trademark m...