Take the time to soak up Newcastle's rich history and admire its stunning architecture on this two-hour walking tour. As you stroll through the city, you'll delve into its Roman, Norman and mercantile history while admiring its monuments like the Castle Keep and Earl Grey's Monument. You'll hear about the Victorian entrepreneurs who made Newcastle an industrial revolution powerhouse and discover churches, hidden stairways and a medieval monastery. Then, it's time to take in the revamped Quayside where you can enjoy views of the River Tyne and take in the city's vibrant atmosphere, rooted in the famously friendly nature of the 'Geordie' locals.
Historical tour of Newcastle
- Immerse yourself in Newcastle's rich history and stunning architecture
- Learn about the city's diverse past and soak up its vibrant atmosphere
- Check out the most famous attractions that Newcastle has to offer
- Guided tour
- Children (age 6-17)
Grey's Monument 150 Grainger St, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 5AF, GB
Please meet your guide at the Earl Grey Monument,
- This tour does not include entry to any sites seen on the tour. Your guide can suggest sites and locations to visit as well as restaurants and cafes at the end of your tour
- Please dress warmly with waterproofs as the weather is always changeable and wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please contact the tour provider about any disabilities your group may have as tours can be customised for wheelchairs and those with vision impairments
- When booking, please let us know if children under 6 years of age will be travelling with you
- This tour runs from Monday to Saturday at 10.00am, 2.00pm and 4.00pm
Enjoy a walking tour of Newcastle and scratch beneath the surface of this beloved city as you discov...
Get ready to discover the dark secrets of Newcastle on this spine-tingling walking tour through the ...
Take the chance to see one of the most famous cities in the North of England, Durham, on this half-d...
Get ready to explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Hadrian's Wall and learn about its fascinatin...
Ann Cleeves’ brilliant and no-nonsense DCI Vera Stanhope (Actress Brenda Blethyn) in her trademark m...
Join your groovy guides on this journey of song and dance through the famous streets of Newcastle. T...