Oxford experience cruise
- Run away to the countryside and relax on a cruise
- See the landmarks of the historical town of Oxford from the water
- Listen to your friendly skipper's commentary and anecdotes
- Relax and take in the beautiful scenery, plants and birds
A river cruise is an easy and pleasant way to avoid the busy roads of the city centre while admiring the beauty of Oxford's most famous spots, bridges, monasteries and other attractions. On this tour you will:
- learn about famous landmarks and buildings including Christchurch College and Meadows, the University rowing houses and regatta course, and Folly Bridge
- listen to commentary from professionals, historians and scientists
- let the quiet countryside surround you as the boat takes you down the river in the direction of the lovely Iffley village.
- see a section of the Thames is one of the liveliest and most vibrant part of the river, also called the Isis
- enjoy this relaxing experience of exploring the city without ever leaving your seat
NOTE: You will also benefit from a 10% Food Discount at the Folly to taste a typical English meal.
- 50 minute sightseeing river cruise
- 10% food discount at The Folly
- Children under 16 years old: reduced
- The cruise departs from the moorings at The Folly, 1 Folly Bridge, Oxford, OX1 4JU.
How to get there?
The closest available parking is at the Oxpens Car Park (OX1 1RQ). From this car park you can walk to the moorings at The Folly (OX1 4JU). The walk takes approximately 10 minutes, part of it along the river if you wish. However, as with all city centre car parks, it is quite expensive so you might want to avoid it if you are on a budget.
The most convenient service to Folly Bridge is Red Bridge (south of Oxford accessed from A34 and A423). Once you have parked, pay at the machine by the bus stop (currently £2 for up to 24 hours). You do not need to display a ticket on your car as a number plate recognition system is used. From either of these car parks take a nunber 300 bus (adult return fare currently £2.70) to Oxford Crown Court / Oxford Police Station in St Aldates. These bus stops are 3 minutes’ walk from Folly Bridge.
- Due to the popularity of this cruise and limited capacity, it is strongly recommended to book in advance
- Unfortunately, it is not possible to accomodate wheelchairs
- Commentary is provided in English only
- This cruise operates from April 1 to October 30
- The cruise lasts approximately 50 minutes
- The tour is available from Monday to Friday at 11am and 4.30pm
The View from The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe – takes you on a multi-sensory jour...
To many, Oxford has long been associated with its famous University. However, for fans of Inspector ...
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating pr...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
The Tower Bridge Experience offers you the opportunity to explore Tower Bridge as a living monument ...
A unique experience taking in the beautiful Cotswold countryside. This special day trip in a luxury ...
Award-winning Insider London’s brilliant alternative London walking tour is perfect for exploring Lo...