- Loire Valley: a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the traditions and history of the area with your guide
- See 3 Castles and try some delicious French wine
- Lunch: home-cooked and wine tasting at Château de Nitray
No country like France is known for its beautiful castles. Experience the feast for the senses that is the Loire Valley with amazing castle landscapes, the smell of blossoming gardens and the taste of the valley’s rich wines. The Loire region is also known as the Garden of France, and with good reason. Take in the country’s greatest natural beauty and visit one of its most stunning castles while accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide.
You’ll leave Paris in a comfortable coach and head straight into Loire Valley towards your first stop: Château de Chambord. Built in 1519 by King Francis I, it was used originally as a hunting lodge. Its spectacular architecture is renown and it is full of astounding staircases, one of which may have been designed by the great Leonardo da Vinci himself. Chambord is also known as the castle that inspired Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Keep your eyes open for the beautiful natural surroundings, as it is common to spot wild boar and red deer prancing about in the castle’s 52 square kilometers of land.
The tour’s next stop is the Château de Nitray, a private castle and its vineyards where you’ll enjoy a home-cooked lunch made with local foods and sample some of the region’s best wines. Taste the crisp Sauvignon Blanc and a full-bodied Cabernet Franc while you are shown around by one of the chateau’s owners.
Your third and final castle is the famous and spectacular Château de Chenonceau. A 16th century castle that will captivate you with sits smooth white stone and intricate painted wooden doors. Inside this castle (which itself is built in the middle of a river) are the well-maintained original stone carvings, immense tapestries, and an intimate chapel. Almost equal in beauty are the castle grounds with its many gardens and farm planted by the famous women who owned the Ladies’ Chateau and gave it its name.
This tour will end at Place Denfert Rochereau in Paris.
Château de Chambord, Château de Chenonceau, Château de Nitray
- Entrance ticket to Château de Chambord
- Entrance and guided tour of Château de Chenonceau
- Entrance and guided tour of Château de Nitray
- Lunch and wine tasting at Château de Nitray
- Visit of the Château de Nitray vineyards
- English-speaking tour guide
- Group sizes of 25 people or less during guided sections of the tour
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (0-14): reduced price
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
1ter Place Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
Meet your guide 15 minutes before departure at the entrance to the Catacombes de Paris, the small green building on Place Denfert-Rochereau.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Gratuities for guides providing excellent service are appreciated but never obligatory
- This tour is unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- Please inform us in advance of the tour of any special dietary requirements
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Meeting Time: 07:15 AM
Departure Time: 07:30 AM
Visit the most famous Loire Valley Castles on your own with an audio guide through each of the follo...
Leave from central Paris for a half-day tour of Monet's home and gardens in Giverny! Visit at your o...
Considered the “Western Marvel”, the Mont Saint-Michel is nestled in the middle of an exceptional si...
The beaches of Normandy entered history books in 1944, when Allied forces landed to rescue Europe fr...
Come to visit Paris and move around the city of love and lights¨on two wheels with the finest scoote...
Set off on a small group tour (maximum 8 participants) from Paris, visiting the iconic sites of the ...
Full day excursion by minibus from Paris to the Reims region, known the world over for the productio...
Welcome to Claude Monet's inspirational world! Enjoy an afternoon visiting to Claude Monet’s home an...
Relish an unforgettable experience which unveils how a perfumer masters the art of fragrance creatio...
Paris at Night is said to be the most beautiful city in the world. The best way to enjoy a night in ...