Morning tour of Versailles Palace and Gardens
- Morning tour of the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Visit the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments
- Don't wait in line, priority access ticket
The Palace of Versailles, a UNESCO World Heritage site, was the residence of French Kings Louis XIV, Louis XV, and Louis XVI and their courts, from 1682 until the French Revolution in 1789. The information provided by your guide will be played through your own individual headset, giving you an opportunity to learn about the majestic Palace of Versailles, a symbol of Royal power. Its Baroque decoration, artworks and furniture were all created by the greatest craftsmen of the period. After your tour, explore the stunning French-style gardens at your own pace.
Set off from our agency in Central Paris at 8:45 a. m. for the Palace of Versailles. Make the most of the 45-minute journey by luxury air-conditioned coach and listen to your guide’s introduction to the history of the palace.
The Palace of Versailles covers an area of over 721,000 square feet and has more than 700 rooms. Follow your guide straight to the front of the line to see the palace’s most beautiful rooms: the King’s Grand Apartments, with seven rooms each dedicated to a different god (Apollo, Mars, Mercy, Venus, etc.) and the Queen’s Grand Apartments, mirroring those of the king, including the Coronation Room and the Queen's Bedroom, once occupied by Marie Antoinette, among others. Also, admire the spectacular Hall of Mirrors, a unique room in which guests were received and impressed, designed by the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Almost 240 feet-long, it was created to dazzle visitors to the Sun King, Louis XIV; it is lit by 17 windows and some 350 mirrors, and overlooks the palace’s breath-taking gardens, the second part of your visit.
In 1661, Louis XIV commissioned André Le Notre to lay out the gardens and grounds, something that was just as important as the construction of the palace in the king's eyes. Enjoy your free time strolling through the Gardens of Versailles and admire the 386 works of art (including more than 200 statues), fountains, ponds, flower beds, and trees. During the Summer months, a range of activities are organised, such as the Grandes Eaux Musicales, when the fountains are made to dance to music.
You will be back at our agency in Paris at around 12:45 pm
- Transfers to and from your accommodation in Paris
- Priority access ticket to skip the line at the Palace of Versailles and its gardens (except on certain dates for the gardens)
- Services of a professionnal guide, with individual headset
- Personal expenses
- Child (3-11 years old): reduced
Hôtel de Ville, 75004 Paris, France
- Departure/Return: 2 rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris
- Important: Closing of the Queen’s State Apartment for renovation works
- We strongly advise against high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones in the courtyard)
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- Access to the palace is challenging for those with reduced mobility
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace
- Tuesday mornings are not recommended due to the high number of visitors
- The skip-the-line access is subject to the Versailles Palace procedures: The Vigipirate plan, the security control or an unforeseen crowd can slow down the entrance
Departure at 8.45am
Listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site for 30 years, the Palace of Versailles was once the residence...
A Tour of Paris in an open-top coach is the ideal tour for a first-time visitor to Paris. Several de...
Get the most of Paris' culture and history with this full-day tour of the Louvre Museum and the Pala...
Experience the Palais Garnier, the site of Paris’s National Opera and one of the capital’s most sign...
Full day excursion from Paris to the city of Reims and its region, known all over the world for the ...
Enjoy a full day excursion from Paris to the D-Day Beaches in Normandy in the company of an official...
Delve into centuries of history and architecture in a single day. Head to Chambord and Chenonceau, s...
This ticket combines a skip-the-line entrance to the Arc de Triomphe and a city tour of Paris by pan...
This is an in-depth exploration of the histories, myths, legends, and lore hidden behind the stones ...
Great art is full of great stories, but some are a little stranger than others. This half day tour t...