Skip-the-line guided tour of the Musée de l'Orangerie
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
- Save time and see more with skip-the-line access
Once the winter home for orange trees belonging to the royals, today the Orangerie is dedicated to some of the most famous names in French art. On this 1.5 to 2 hour guided museum tour, your enthusiastic guide will lead you through its halls, revealing why this often forgotten collection is one of Paris’s most impressive.
You’ll stroll through the beautiful Tuileries Garden to reach the Orangerie. Established as a museum in the early 20th century, it became home to art that no longer fit in Paris’s other museums. The stand-out features, among all of the work on display, are the eight waterlilies painted by Claude Monet which have a permanent home in the Orangerie. The expansive collection of 19th century and early 20th century paintings features works by other renowned Impressionists and their disciples.
You’ll come to face to face with Cezanne’s studies of fruits and flowers, you’ll learn about the exotic style of Matisse’s seductive portraits, and you’ll trace Picasso’s phases through his interpretations of nude models. Additionally, you’ll learn the secrets behind works by artists including Modigliani, Renoir, and Utrillo. By the end, you’ll wonder why any visitor in Paris would pass by this world-class collection of French art.
Highlights generally include (if artwork is not on loan or being restored etc.):
- Monet’s Water Lilies
- History of the Orangerie/ Collections Walter Guillaume
- Renoir (Portraits, Piano Class, Claude Renoir, etc…)
- Monet at Argenteuil
- Cézanne, Still Life and Landscapes
- Picasso, Figuration Around 1900, Cubism and Surrealism
- Matisse’s Odalisques, the Fauves
- Laurencin, a Lady Painter
- Derain, Artists After the War
- Utrillo and Montmartre
- Le Douanier Rousseau
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Orangerie Museum, Jardin Tuileries, 75001 Paris
Meet your guide 10 minutes prior to your tour starting time on the right side of the main entrance. Outside of the museum.
- Tour minimum participants required: 2 people (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if the minimum is not met)
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed
- High/Moderate amount of walking is involved
- NOT available for people with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative
- Some specific rooms inside the museum are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. Some collections may vary along the year
Every day except Sunday and Tuesday
Departure at 11.00am
If you want to experience a moment of eternity, between sky and sea, visit the beautiful Mont Saint-...
Undertake a tour into the heart of the mysterious and unknown side of Paris. Your guide will tell yo...
Being one of the world’s largest, most impressive art museums, one can get lost in the Louvre’s endl...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
From its beginnings as a medieval village to the capital of Napoleon's empire, from the beheadings o...