Small group excursion to Reims from Paris
- Full day excursion from Paris by minibus
- Small group tour with a dedicated driver-guide
- Visit Reims's superb Gothic cathedral
- Learn the key steps of Champagne production process
- Lunch at Epernay with drinks included
- Taste Champagnes at Moet et Chandon cellar
Full day excursion by minibus from Paris to the Reims region, known the world over for the production of a prestigious product that requires no introduction: Champagne. Your excursion will include the opportunity to visit the magnificent Reims Cathedral, site of the coronation of the Kings of France, to learn about wine-making at a small wine-grower's, lunch in Reims, and a tour of the Moet et Chandon Champagne house cellars followed by a tasting.
You will be picked-up at your Paris accommodation at 7 am for your minibus trip to Reims. The number of participants is limited to a maximum of eight to allow you to enjoy a personalised excursion with your driver-guide.
You will discover the mountain of Reims with a stop to take a picture and learn about wine-making in the region. Enjoy the breath-taking views from almost 790 feet up looking out over the vineyards (including some of the most prestigious vintages) and admire the bell towers of as many as 45 different villages!
Set off and on the way to Reims, the driver-guide will tell you about the wonderful Notre Dame cathedral, dating from the 13th Century and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site (guided tour followed by one hour of free time). A Gothic masterpiece and site of the coronations of the Kings of France, it is also famous for its many statues and stained glass windows. Visit the Cathedral on your own.
You will then head to Epernay to enjoy a guided visit of the Moet et Chandon house founded in 1743. Discover the Champagne history and experience a really nice tasting in an amazing setting.
Following this visit, appreciate a traditional lunch at Epernay restaurant “La Cave à Champagne” or “La Table d’Alsace” : Filet de saumon au champagne sur lentillons roses / Coq au vin avec tagliatelles et purée de céleri / Framboisière (nougat sur sorbet framboise) sur coulis de fruits exotiques / 2 glasses of wine
Visit a small wine-grower. Depending on the activity taking place during your visit, learn about one of the stages in the production of Champagne (pressing, fermentation, bottling, etc.) before the owner will offer you a sampling of its own Champagne.
Depart from Epernay to arrive back at your Paris accommodation at around 5:30 pm.
* Examples of menu, subject to modification
* The menus are not available in english
- Minibus transfers to and from your Paris accommodation
- Services of our driver-guide
- Tour of Reims Cathedral
- Visit the wine-making display and taste a glass of Champagne
- Lunch in Epernay (drinks included)
- Visit to the Moet et Chandon Champagne house followed by a tasting (or Cartier)
- Visit to the cellar in english only
- Personal expenses
- Child (3-11 years old): reduced
Pick-up from your hotel or apartment in Paris only
The zip code must start with 75
- From January 1rst to January 29th, 2017 the itinerary is changing: Visit of Reims' Cathedral, Visit of Mutigny cellar, Lunch at Epernay, Visit of George Cartier cellar (instead of Moet and Chandon cellar closed during this period of time)
- It is cool in the cellars, please bring warm clothing (50 degrees Fahrenheit all year long)
- You will have the opportunity to purchase Champagne and other tasting accessories
- November 01, 2016 - March 31, 2017
Monday, Wednesday and Friday except special events
Except Wednesday in January 2017
Departure: 07.00 AM from your hotel or apartment in Paris
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...