Golden Circle small group tour and snorkeling at Silfra
- Snorkle between two continents in a once-in-a-lifetime-experience
- Explore the famous Golden Circle
- Visit a UNESCO world heritage park, Thingvellir National Park
Your day starts when your professional and friendly guide picks you up on a comfortable minibus to go snorkeling in Silfra and explore the famous Golden Circle. Silfra Fissure The Silfra Fissure is located in Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Once the minibus arrives there, you will take a short journey through the volcanic, moss-laden fields of the park.
Once in the water, your eyes will meet the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to move across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which is one of Thingvellir’s most famous characteristics. Swimming further, you will meet Silfra Hall, which is the widest section on the fissure and the majestic Silfra Cathedral, its deepest section. Even more, the stunning shallow oasis will be presented before your eyes at the end, “Real Blue Lagoon”.
You will then move on to the Gullfoss waterfall. The melting water from Iceland´s second biggest glacier, Langjökull, falls into a deep canyon forming the majestic “Golden Falls”. On a sunny day, you can see the glacier Langjökull in the distance and enjoy a rainbow in the mist of the waterfall, an Instagram blockbuster waiting to happen!
Then on to the Geysir geothermal area hosts hundreds of colorful hot springs and two geysers, erupting hot springs. One is called “Geysir” and name giving for all the geysers in the world. Today, however, it erupts very seldom. The other geyser is called “Strokkur” and erupts every 5 minutes up to 40 meters.
- Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board
- English Speaking Guide
- Small group (max 6 people per guide on the water)
- Certified Snorkeling Guide
- Free GoPro Underwater Photos
- All Necessary Snorkeling Equipment
- Warm Undersuit and Drysuit
- Hot drinks and cookies after the tour
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots
Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík. Pick up from Keflavík airport or outside of the greater capital area is not available.
IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the event. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking.
- The tour operator has to adjust timings to the short daylight and we always try to avoid big crowds
- To participate in the tour you must:
- Be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- Communicate in English at the time of the tour
- Be physically fit
- Not be pregnant
- You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold
- You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos
- You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver
- You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour
- If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver
- Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physician's allowance to participate in this tour.
- The tour operates daily at 8.00 am
Spend your day discovering some of the most iconic sites in Iceland: the amazing geysers, the Golden...
Grab your hiking boots and get ready, because you’re going on an expedition to Falljökull glacier in...
Walk on Falljökull Glacier Tongue in Skaftafell National Park; an easy 2 hour Walk on Crampons. This...
The Whale Watching RHIB boat tour is a fast and safe one and a half hour tour within the majestic mo...
On the tour, you will taste 10 unique Icelandic craft beers from microbreweries all around Iceland. ...
Get to look upon one of the most photographed sites in Iceland. The DC3 plane wreck is a US Navy Air...