Bailes of Madureira: The Charme dance in Rio de Janeiro
- Taste the Afro-Brazilian culture
- Discover the Rio de Janeiro nightlife
- Enjoy music, dancing and much more
The roots of the Charme Dance came out of the tremendous influence of African-American Soul and Funk music and Afro-Brazilian music. The Bailes of Madureira represent the parties where one can get a taste of the African-Brazilian cultural experience.
Every Saturday the Espaço Cultural Rio Hip-Hop Charme, or Viaduto de Madureira as it’s more commonly known, hosts the most important Charme Dance party in the city. Originating from the Carnival bloco ‘Pagodão Madureira’ created by friends known as Leno, Pedro, Edinho and Xandoca in May 1990, local entertainment businessman Cesar Atáide invited the group to establish Projeto Charme na Rua, a hip hop, soul and R&B party for the neighborhood.E
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Pickup is available from most major Hotels in the zones Barra, Centro, Flamengo, Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the Cruise Ship Port
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Pickup is available from most major Hotels in the zones Barra, Centro, Flamengo, Sao Conrado, Leblon, Ipanema and Copacabana or the Cruise Ship Port
- During checkout you'll be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel for pickup.
- Saturdays at 8:00pm
Discover life inside a Rio de Janeiro favela on a half-day tour and see various communities within t...
Join this 1-day guided tour from Rio to the city of Petropolis, located 60 km away from Rio, also kn...
Visit Santa Teresa and the Selarón Steps with this afternoon walking guided tour.On this tour you wi...
Join this 3-hour bicycle tour of Rio de Janeiro from Ipanema to the beautiful Rodrigo de Freitas' la...
The Christ Redeemer statue, at the top of Corcovado Mountain (710m / 2330ft), is certainly Brazil’s ...
Enjoy an evening out on a visit to an original churrascaria, savoring typical Brazilian dishes at th...