24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off bus + Domitilla catacombs
- Visit the largest catacombs in Rome
- See Rome on board of a hop-on hop-off open bus
- See how Early Christians lived
- Explore Rome helped by an onboard commentary
The purpose of this City Sightseeing Rome tour is to connect the most important sites of the city center to the Domitilla Catacombs with a green bus (natural gas), with an audio guide service available on board. This new service aims to respect the environment while offering a sustainable and ecological kind of tourism.
Our package offers you the easiest way to reach the Domitilla Catacombs, the largest ones in Rome with about 17 Km (10.5 miles) of tunnels, more than 150,000 burials and the underground 4th-century church.
Visiting this archeological site will make you find out more and more about the early Christians’ life, their belief in the resurrection and eternal life and their strong relationship with God, as you will see from the numerous wall paintings and inscriptions.
The guided tour is available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German) and all our guides are professional and qualified tourist guides.
- Open bus ticket City Sightseeing Roma hop on hop off valid 24 or 48 hours (depending on the selected option)
- Return shuttle bus ticket and audio guide service available on board
- Catacombs entrance ticket and guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Child (6-17): reduced
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Largo di Villa Peretti, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
City Sightseeing Terminal B (shuttle bus to Domitilia Catacombs). You can redeem your voucher on board of a City Sightseeing bus or at any Visitor Center.
- The guided tour is available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German) and all our guides are professional and qualified tourist guides
- Please be at the Shuttle Bus stop at least 10 minutes before departure time
- The tour is not available for visitors with wheelchairs or with walking disabilities. Visitors with other kinds of 100% disabilities are entitled to get a free ticket; please refer to the Domitilla Catacombs ticket office for further information
The Open Bus service is available every day according to the seasons’ timetable:
- High Season (April - October): bus service available from 9:00am to 05:00pm with a frequency of one bus every 10 minutes
- Low season (November – March): bus service available from 9:00am to 05:00pm with a frequency of one bus every20 minutes
CATACOMBS & SHUTTLE BUS INFO:
- Opening times Catacombs: 9:00am – 12:00pm, 02:00pm - 05:00pm
- Closing time: Tuesdays
Starting point shuttle bus - 2 daily departures from the city centre of Rome:
- Departure time from Largo di Villa Peretti: 11.00am or 02.45pm (please be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before departure)
- Departure time from Catacombe: 12.20pm or 04.10pm
Discover the underground buildings and crypts of ancient Rome. You'll embark on a fascinating tour o...
Experience a different point of view over a city suspended between history and legend. Hop on your r...
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
Explore Rome at your own pace with this 24 or 48-hour hop-on hop-off City Sightseeing bus! Jump on a...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
Rome Boat Experience is the newest way to discover all of Rome’s hidden treasures. Besides the timel...
Enjoy an excursion 20 km outside of Rome's city center to Frascati and Castel Gandolfo in the symbol...
Join a guided walking tour of one of Rome's most interesting neighborhoods, the Jewish quarter. List...