Best of Rome Christmas Day walking tour
- An afternoon tour that is intimate and special for our guests
- Sites visited include the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain and St Peter's square
- You’ll also pick up helpful travel tips and learn to find your way around the city
- Enjoy a scheduled hot chocolate/cappuccino break (on us!)
Ask any local about the best way to spend the Christmas day in Rome and they’re likely to recommend “il dolce far niente”, the sweetness of doing nothing. The best way to experience Rome on this special day is to spend a day wandering its streets decorated with Christmas lights, enjoying hidden gems and lively piazzas in the historical core of the city – sites like the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Piazza Navona, and St Peter's Square.
Our three and half hour walking tour does just that, visiting all the most important sights of central Rome and a few of its unsung heroes, with an expert, English-speaking guide to ensure that you get the most from your afternoon of adventure. Let the Eternal City enchant you, as you stroll through its picturesque cobblestone alleyways and discover some of the world’s most famous sites, all in a single afternoon!
- Our tour starts at the Spanish Steps, one of the most atmospheric spots in Rome. From there we trace a path past shopping mecca Via Condotti, through the cobbled streets of the city to the colossal Trevi Fountain.
- We then pass through the Pantheon with its famous oculus. Perhaps the most beautiful square in all of Rome, Piazza Navona is home to spectacular Renaissance buildings and Gian Lorenzo Bernini’s beautiful Fountain of Four Rivers. During Christmas time this square is place of one of the most famous Christmas Markets in Italy, and you will have the chance to see it on this special day.
- Before going to the Vatican City in St Peter’s Square, you will have a few minute break to recharge your batteries, in one of the most typical bars of the city center, enjoying a hot chocolate or an Italian cappuccino.
- The tour concludes in St Peter’s Square where you will admire the Nativity Scene and Christmas Tree.
Traveling in groups of 25 people or less, your stroll through the streets and piazzas of Rome will be hassle-free and unhurried, and your guide easy to hear and interact with.
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 25 people or less
- 1 hot chocolate or cappuccino
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Child (4-14): reduced
Infants (0-3): free
Piazza di Spagna, 15, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Near the metro station entrance in Piazza di Spagna at the third of the five palm trees (at the central tree). Your City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
Meeting Time: 3.15pm
Departure Time: 3.30pm
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...
Join the tour and combine a panoramic tour with morning skip the line access to the Vatican Museums....
Our pink buses are on the move all day long and will take you to the city’s most important monuments...