Borghese Gallery skip-the-line tickets and guided tour
- Visit one of the finest private collections of art in the world
- Admire the masterpieces of Bernini, Caravaggio and Raphael
- Marvel at splendid marble sculptures including Apollo and Daphne and David
- See some of history's greatest paintings including Raphael's The Deposition
When it comes to art museums, the Villa Borghese is in a league of its own. In 2 hours, you will wander the Villa’s 20 rooms and marvel at peerless masterpieces in each one. Nowhere else is so much beauty packed so elegantly into so little space. With crowds strictly controlled by the museum, you won’t have to strain to hear your expert guide tell the stories behind each work.
Imagine a palace that was specifically built to house amazing works of art. Its 20 rooms are treasure troves of visual splendor: every wall holds a masterpiece, every pedestal supports exquisitely carved marble, and even the ceilings sing with divine frescoes. Galleria Borghese is Rome’s most exclusive and intimate art museum. Built in the 17th century by Cardinal Scipione Borghese specifically to house his magnificent art collection, it was once only open to royals and visiting dignitaries.
See well-known works including Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne, Rape of Proserpina, and David; Caravaggio’s St. John the Baptist; and Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte; along with lesser-known gems like Raphael’s Lady with a Unicorn; and Bassano’s The Last Supper.
Your expert guide will bring an incredible passion to the proceedings and will inform you of all the backstories that lend each work depth and nuance. From the quirks of Cardinal Borghese to the heartbreaking story of the commissioning of Raphael’s The Deposition, this is a journey through art like none you have taken before.
- Bernini’s Rape of Proserpina
- Bernini’s Apollo and Daphne
- Bernini’s David
- Antonio Canova’s Pauline Bonaparte
- Caravaggio’s David and Goliath
- Caravaggio’s St. John The Baptist
- Raphael’s The Deposition
- Titian’s The Scourging of Christ
- And many more
- Pre-reserved, all-inclusive Borghese Gallery tickets
- Expert, English-speaking guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets for groups over 6
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Viale dell'Uccelliera, 3, 00197 Roma RM, Italy
Directly in front of the Galleria Borghese's double staircase, in the little piazza
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- The Borghese museum does not allow any bags, purses into the galleries. All such items must be checked before entering the museum, which your guide will help you with upon arrival.
- Please note that the second floor of the Borghese Gallery is not wheelchair accessible. As a result we are unable to accommodate wheelchair users or guests with reduced mobility on this tour. Please contact our Customer Service team for details of our private tour options.
Meeting time: 2.30pm
Departure time: 2.45pm
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Begin your tour with an introduction to one of Rome’s most beautiful Villas and its gardens. Once in...
Discover the wonders of the Vatican City together with an expert guide on a three-hour private tour....
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the h...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci; artist, engineer, sculptor, arc...
This experience includes a double pass to visit St. Peter’s Basilica and the city of Rome.With the f...
Start your day early to beat the crowds and be among the first to climb up the Dome. With commentary...