Colosseum guided tour with virtual reality experience
- Walk back in time on a virtual reality experience and live the Colosseum like never before
- Skip the long lines to one of Rome's most important monuments
- Get an introduction to the Colosseum's landmarks in an innovative way
Experience one of Ancient Rome’s largest and arguably most impressive monument in a new and immersive way. Through an animated and interactive 3D certified historical reconstruction, combined with multilingual audio and heroic musical backgrounds, you'll explore the Colosseum like never before.
Before entering the Colosseum, you'll wear a last-generation display Oculus VR and will be virtually immersed in the Colosseum square. Travel back to ancient eras of nearly 2000 years ago and move in real time between the Roman’s admiring the Colosseum’s greatness and beauty, the majestic statue of Nero, the Meta Sudan’s and the Temple of Venus and Roma.
After the square, your guide will make you skip-the-line inside the Colosseum, place where many great spectacles happened in front of audiences 50,000-75,000 in size. Enjoy the upstairs where Roman spectators sat and appreciate an overview of the performances that would take place below. Your tour guide will then take you to your second virtual stage - inside the arena, where you can experience the excitement between the roar of ferocious lions and gladiator combat. With your VR glasses, you will even decide the fate of the wounded as if you were Emperor.
At the end of the Colosseum tour, after selfies and group photographs are taken, your guide will accompany you on the ground floor at arena height, where you’ll complete your final virtual stage - the mysterious underground. Here, you’ll witness slaves moving around silently to prepare and coordinate all the items necessary to make the show a success. With your VR glasses, you’ll travel through various corridors and view gladiators preparing their weapons for battle.
Before you leave, your guide will give you the entrance tickets to the Colosseum to access on your own for two consecutive days and skip the line to the Roman Forum and the Palatine hill.
- English-speaking guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill
- Oculus VR headset and Samsung S7 (the Colosseum in VR)
- Assistant for the VR headset
- Third-party insurance
- Audio in English, Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish
- Access to the Underground, Arena Floor and the Third Order
- Infant (0-3) years old: free of charge
- Child (4-14) years old: reduced price
Via di San Gregorio, 30, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your tour guide at Arch of Constantine (side of the Colosseum). Our staff will be holding a sign "Colosseum Virtual Reality" to be easily recognizable.
- Attention: due to mandatory security metal detector checks at the Colosseum, please note that there may be a slight delay in entering the monument for skip-the-line ticket holders.
- It is recommended to be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Our staff will be holding a sign "Colosseum Virtual Reality" to be easily recognizable.
- Please wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- The local operator is not responsible for any inconvenience caused by the closure of the Colosseum and Roman Forum due to strikes, bad weather etc.
- This is a small group tour of up to 12 people.
Daily at 9:00 am
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...