Early morning Rome walking tour
- Walking tour of Rome's famous sights in the early morning before the crowds arrive
- Perfect for early birds, photographers and adventurers
- You'll cover the best highlights: Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain and Piazza Navona
Escape the crowds and explore the Rome's historic center in the early morning hours on this walking tour of the city's most famous sights. From the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain to the Pantheon and St. Peter's Square, you'll get a look at nearly 2,000 years worth of history in the heart of the Eternal City.
Meet your local guide and your group by the Spanish Steps, a grand outdoor stairway leading up to the church of Trinità dei Monti. Your walk takes you south to the Trevi Fountain, a massive and exquisite monument that covers the whole southern façade of the narrow city block it stands on. Unlike during the daytime hours, you won't have to elbow your way through the crowd to toss a coin in, this early in the morning, you'll practically have the fountain to yourself!
Your next stop is the remains of the Roman-era Temple of Hadrian, whose columns have been integrated into more modern walls and are still standing today. Then it's on to the Pantheon, one of the best-preserved works of ancient Rome with its gigantic columns and gravity defying dome.
After some free time to enjoy a coffee at one of modern Rome's famous espresso bars (own expense), it's time to visit the Piazza Navona, site of Bernini's centerpiece: the Fountain of the Four Rivers. From there, a trip through the city's ancient cobblestone alleys brings you to the Bridge of Angels, where you cross the Tiber to the towering fortress and one-time papal stronghold of Castel Sant'Angelo.
The tour comes to an end at the post-card perfect Vatican plaza of St. Peter's Square, leaving you with the rest of the morning to enjoy on your own.
- Smart local guide
- Small group size for a more intimate experience
- Food & beverages
- Infants (0-5): free
- Children (6-18) reduced
This tour meets in front of Babington's Tea Rooms, at the foot of the Spanish Steps.
- You'll be walking, so bring comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour departs in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately for the day and season. Keep in mind that Rome is cooler in the early morning.
- Minimum numbers apply. In the event that minimum numbers are not met for your departure date, you will be offered a full refund or free alternative to this tour.
Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 7:00 am
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Take part in a virtual visit using special 3D viewers combined with a multilingual audio guide and r...
You’ll meet your guide and group near the entrance to the Colosseum; the extraordinary amphitheater ...
The most memorable, fun, and hands-on way to spend an evening, our Rome pasta-making class gives you...
Soak in the newly-opened and exclusive areas of the Colosseum with a small group and expert guide th...