The street food was first imagined by the Romans, who used it as an energy source for travelers and merchants. Some also maintain that, besides taverns, some sort of 'food trucks' did exist in order to offer simple and nutritious meals to the workers who crowded the city. This street food tour is a delicious walk divided into different steps at the heart of the eternal city. Passing by the Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Campo de Fiori, you'll discover the street food delicacies most loved by today’s Romans, among historical boutiques and contemporary eateries.
Within the tour, you will have the opportunity to try the following specialties:
- Supplì: in this historic center of Rome, there’s a tiny yet unmissable eatery, constantly baking golden and warm treasures. These rice-balls are the most loved food of Romans and tourists passing by
- Roman pizza: the famous ‘scrocchiarella’, thin and crunchy, since centuries amuses the Romans. Unique in its kind, the main street food of the capital is a raised dough impossible to replicate without the historic recipe. You will taste one of the best pizzas in town, in an ancient boutique
- Board of cheeses and cured meats with a glass of wine: you will taste different types of cheeses accompanied by a glass of high-quality wine in a place famous for its cheeses and meats in the very center of Rome
- Artisan gelato: one of the best artisan gelatos in town, with selected natural ingredients. Experience surprising tastes and creaminess!
- Coffee: You will taste the best espresso in Roma, in a coffee shop established in the ‘30s. Its taste and texture are the worthiest way to end an Italian meal