- Visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel after official closing times
- This is an opportunity only available for limited dates!
- Avoid the crowds and the heat of the daytime and experience the Museums after sunset
- Intimate group of 20 people or less
The Vatican Museums opens at night after official hours for limited dates each year. These dates must be booked in advance and have limited availability. If you manage to snag a spot on our Vatican Museums Night Tour, you are in for a true treat.
If you have ever visited the Vatican Museums on a summer morning, stepping into its luxurious halls at night can be quite the opposite experience. Long gone are the stressful crowds and overheated rooms typical of daytime visits. In its place, a relaxing tour of all of the highlights the museum has to offer! You’ll enter the museum via our pre-booked, no-line entrance with an expert English-speaking guide who will play an instrumental role in making your visit an unforgettable one.
As you explore the Vatican Museums you’ll visit many of the same highlights visited on our daytime tours. You’ll see the intricate artistry of master weavers in the Gallery of the Tapestries and the stunning painted ceilings of the Candelabra Gallery. See what cities and countries you can spot in the Hall of the Maps and experience the Museum’s most prized sculpture in the Octagonal Courtyard. We’ll take our time as we explore Raphael's Rooms, which show the master at the height of his powers. Your charismatic guide will enrich your visit with the history and stories behind the art and artists. In intimate groups of just 20 people, you’ll have plenty of interaction with your guide who will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Finally, you’ll experience the Vatican Museum’s highlight, the Sistine Chapel, in the unique atmosphere of the evening. Few have the chance to stand beneath Michelangelo’s most important creation at this hour! With fewer visitors around, you’ll be able to better appreciate the incredible effort that went into this ceiling.
- After-hours entrance into the Museums, after public closing time
- The Vatican Museums entrance ticket and reservation fee
- Tour as per descriptions
- Group of 20 people or less
- Headsets to hear your guide better
- English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 6-18): reduced price
- Infants (ages 0-5): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi.
- We are unable to accommodate customers with wheelchairs or walking disabilities
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered, no low cut or sleeveless tops or shorts for both men and women. Clients that do not adhere to the dress code will not be permitted entry to the Vatican. The Tour Operator cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress
- Please note that large bags/tripods/umbrellas/backpacks are not permitted in the Vatican and must be checked into the free luggage storage area. Please do not bring these items as you may need to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance. Only very small bags are allowed
- Meeting time: 07.15pm
- Departure time: 07.30pm
Please arrive at the specified meeting point ready for a prompt departure.
See the Vatican Museums in a new light, a pleasing low light as you enter after regular closing time...
Meet your guide at the top of the stairs of St Mary of Aracoeli Basilica and start your amazing jour...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
Live the experience of admiring Saint Peter's Basilica with this reserved entrance guided visit! Tak...
Visit one of the richest and most interesting Villas in Rome. The Borghese Gallery is well known for...
What allows animals to survive even in difficult environmental conditions? How do they manage to car...
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
When it comes to art museums, the Villa Borghese is in a league of its own. In 2 hours, you will wan...
Experience night-time around Rome guided by your private driver. Enjoy a romantic 2-hour panoramic t...
Escape the Eternal City on a day trip to the ruins of Pompeii and Naples. Relax in a comfortable shu...