- Explore the Christian Necropolis with the remains of the Apostle Peter
- Admire the greatest masterpieces of all time from inside the Basilica
- Avoid the long queue to enter the Basilica
- Exclusive tour which usually requires months of waiting for booking
- Small-group tour of maximum 15 people with official Vatican guides
Use the fast-track and get access without difficulty in the Vatican State and head to the Vatican Necropolis - located 10 meters beneath St. Peter's Basilica, below the level of the Vatican Grottoes and in the central nave of the Basilica itself - is a Roman cemetery, placed next to the Nero’s Circus, where coexist graves dating back to the period between I and IV century (both pagan and Christian).
Visitors can walk the streets and admire the revered sites from the early Christian civilization and can make the pilgrimage of all the pilgrimages: here are buried the remains of the Apostle Peter, the first "pope" of Christianity. At the end of the Necropolis tour, you can go up in the Basilica.
Saint Peter is the main temple of Christianity and is in Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline of Rome. As soon as you step across its threshold, you will see that its interior is much larger than any other cathedral. You will start with one of the greatest masterpieces of all time: the “Michelangelo's Pieta” and soon after you will have the opportunity to pay homage to the tomb of St. John Paul II.
In the heart of the Basilica, under the high altar and the famous Bernini's Canopy, you can discover the "Confession" or "Chapel of Confession", which takes its name from St. Peter's declaration of faith that leads to the site of the martyrdom. You will see that the entire interior of St. Peter is richly decorated with marble, bas-reliefs, sculptures, mosaics and gilded stucco work: nothing is comparable in elegance and magnificence.
- Entrance ticket for the Necropolis
- fast-track service
- Vatican official guides (both for the Necropolis and for the Basilica)
- Guided or audioguided tour of the Cupola (Dome)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Optional activity costs
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano
The meeting point is facing the Basilica on the right side, OUTSIDE St. Peter's Square, in front the Vatican Post Office. Vox Mundi staff will be wearing a blue jacket with their logo printed on it. Please make your way 15 minutes prior the tour departure.
- During the visit of the underground burial visitors may be affected by the altered environmental conditions of temperature and humidity. Those who have special physical problems, subject to increase under these conditions, including claustrophobia, are advised not to access the visit.
- Visitors are allowed only from 15 years old.
- During the visit it is forbidden to carry bulky items (suitcases, bulky envelopes, bags of any size, etc ...), or photographic equipment.
- Clothing MUST be suitable for the holy place. Please be aware you need long trousers for men and skirts under your knees or trousers for women. Shoulders need to be always covered for everyone. Guests that do not respect the dress code will not be permitted to enter the Basilica and Necropolis.
- Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point.
Tuesday and Thursday at 13.00 pm
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
Buy your Colosseum skip-the-line tickets with a dedicated entrance, at the selected time. Meet your ...
Enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome by motor coach and discover the magical charm of the most fa...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Begin your tour in Piazza di Spagna, on the bottom of the eponymous Spanish Steps. You'll be immedia...
Spend a half-day seeing the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it...
Discover the most famous amphitheater in the world and relive the glorious past of Ancient Rome with...
Join this innovative tour to explore the Colosseum like never before. Thanks to an animated and inte...
Enjoy a private tour and visit two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the rise ...