VIP St. Peter’s Basilica tour with Dome climb and Papal Crypt
- Enjoy a fully-guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica and Square in a small group of 15 people
- Pre-reserved tickets to climb St. Peter’s Basilica Dome
- Descend into the Papal Crypt for a rare guided tour
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access tour. Not only will you enjoy a fully-guided tour of the Basilica and Papal Crypt with an expert guide, you’ll avoid long lines to climb up into the titanic dome early in the morning and gape at the amazing views of Rome.
Your tour starts early, before the crowds arrive. After exploring St. Peter’s Square and seeing the Swiss Guards, you’ll head for St. Peter’s Basilica Dome. You’ll take the special elevator to the first terrace of the dome to admire the beautiful mosaics up close as your guide points out details you might otherwise miss. To reach the top of the dome you have to climb 231 steps, but the view alone is worth the effort. In fact, it’s the single best view of Rome, stretching from St. Peter’s Square across the Tiber and beyond.
When you come down from the dome, your expert guide will lead you on a full tour of the Basilica, from Bernini’s colossal baldachin to Michelangelo’s heart-wrenching Pietá. You’ll also discover the small details, stories, history and lore that are packed into every nook and cranny of this nearly 400-year-old building, including why everyone is so intent on rubbing the foot of a certain statue.
Finally, your tour will include a rare visit to the Papal Crypt, where your guide will point out the most significant tombs. The Crypt is a sacred site so that it’s forbidden to speak in it, but before you enter, your guide will tell you the stories of the men buried in them.
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Dome of St Peter’s Basilica
- Papal crypt (NOT the Scavi)
- St Peter’s Square
- Pre-reserved tickets to climb St Peter’s Basilica Dome with elevator access
- Expert local guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza della Città Leonina, 7, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
In front of 'Bar Polese', in Piazza Citta' Leonina, just outside St. Peter's Square.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Please note that the tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time.
- Small bags and umbrellas are permitted inside the Basilica. However, large bags and objects must be left at the bag check situated at the entrance of St. Peter’s Basilica, next to the official audio-guides desk.
- Please note that skip the line access is not possible at the dome or at St. Peters Basilica's security line (although it is possible for guests entering via the Vatican Museums, who use a different door), so you may need to spend some time in unavoidable queues. Your guide will use the time well though, entertaining you with stories and pointing out the incredible details of St. Peter's Square.
- Meeting Time: 8:00 am
- Departure Time: 8:15 am
Enjoy a St. Peter’s visit in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tablet...
The Vatican has so many treasures and can be overwhelming. We want you to experience it in the best ...
For Dan Brown fans - but not only - this guided tour is designed to help you learn about the secrets...
Experience the essential sites of ancient Rome with a professional guide who’ll make it all come to ...
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: PRIORITY DEDICATED ENTRANCE or PRIORITY D...
See the best of Rome with a three-hour guided tour of city’s most famous sites. This mixture of anci...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
Become one of the first people ever to explore the Roman Catacombs after normal closing hours when y...
If you would prefer to visit the Borghese Gallery and Museum in Rome at your own leisure, without a ...
What allows animals to survive even in difficult environmental conditions? How do they manage to car...