This Mission District Food Tour showcases the innovation and trendy restaurants as well as the Mexican cuisine this neighborhood is known for – the best in San Francisco! Stroll through the historic Latin neighborhood learning about its culinary history and incredibly colorful murals, while hearing the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. The progressive meal in San Francisco’s Mission District concludes with mouthwatering desserts near Dolores Park.
This 4-course progressive prix-fixe dining experience visits 4 restaurants – two appetizers, one entree, and one dessert, with a sprinkling of culinary history and stories in between. The Mission District Food Tour focuses on quality over quantity. Like a great sushi meal, our goal is to have you sample the highest quality ingredients – small dishes with huge flavor. Shift your perspective of a piece of cheese through its story of the person who made it and even a unique alcohol pairing. And yes, that cheese is not your average grocery store cheese; it can cost well over $30 per pound!
Possible tastings include (each tour includes 4):
- Sample a Cheese Flight at a New York Times acclaimed chic cheese cafe featuring only American artisan cheeses. Learn about the small American dairy movement from knowledgeable cheesemongers!
- Savor Tyler’s Pork Belly Breakfast Taco or Hot Churros at a Southwestern Family-owned Restaurant from the winner of Season 9 of the Amazing Race
- Sample West coast cult favorite Rebel Within, a cheese and sausage muffin with an oozing soft boiled egg inside, from innovative pastry chef and James Beard nominated, William Werner
- Seasonal Sweet Potato Quesadilla from innovative Mexican vegan restaurant
- Chicken Verde and Cod Taco duo at trendy Taco bar boasting over 350 different types of tequila
- Mission-style Grilled Chicken Burrito at authentic taqueria inventor of the Mission-style burrito. Taste history!
- Authentic Pupusas from Family-owned and operated Mission District longtime restaurant
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream considered one of the top five desserts in America at the United States’ best loved Creamery. Skip the inevitable line with Avital Tours!
- Go behind-the-scenes into a commercial chocolate kitchen to learn how truffles are made and sample your flavor choice of a Gelato Pop and Truffle