This Mission District Food Tour showcases the innovation and trendy restaurants as well as the Mexican cuisine this neighborhood is known for – the best in San Francisco! Stroll through the historic Latin neighborhood learning about its culinary history and incredibly colorful murals, while hearing the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts.
This culinary adventure leads guests through a 4-course progressive meal - where each course is served at a different restaurant! We start with appetizers, followed by an entree, and conclude with a mouth-watering dessert near Dolores Park.
Possible tastings include (each tour includes 4):
- Sample a Cheese Flight at a New York Times acclaimed chic cheese cafe featuring only American artisan cheeses. Learn about the small American dairy movement from knowledgeable cheesemongers!
- Savor Tyler’s Pork Belly Breakfast Taco or Hot Churros at a Southwestern Family-owned Restaurant from the winner of Season 9 of the Amazing Race
- Sample West coast cult favorite Rebel Within, a cheese and sausage muffin with an oozing soft boiled egg inside, from innovative pastry chef and James Beard nominated, William Werner
- Seasonal Sweet Potato Quesadilla from innovative Mexican vegan restaurant
- Mission-style Grilled Chicken Burrito at authentic taqueria inventor of the Mission-style burrito. Taste history!
- Authentic Pupusas from Family-owned and operated Mission District institution
- Salted Caramel Ice Cream considered one of the top five desserts in America at the United States’ best loved Creamery. Skip the inevitable line with Avital Tours!