The wonderful thing about San Francisco is its diversity – the diversity of its food, its culture, its people and its neighborhoods. Enjoy an authentic experience of the city when you take to its streets with our team of passionate local storytellers. For 7 days you’ll have access to a series of 9 tours with guaranteed departures (most departing daily), without the need to reserve in advance. Tours include:
- Fisherman’s Wharf, where you’ll learn about the city’s maritime history, see the seals, visit Pier 39 and, of course, hear tales from Alcatraz Prison, clearly visible across the water. Runs daily.
- The Golden Gate Bridge, which we’ll walk at the most pleasant time of day to learn about this incredible feat of engineering. Runs daily.
- Union Square to Chinatown, where you’ll learn the history of San Francisco through the eyes of the immigrants who made it their home. From the Gold Rush to the Great Fire, America’s oldest Chinatown is one of the most fascinating and history-filled areas of the entire city. Runs daily.
- North Beach, on the other hand, was once the city’s roaring red-light district but has since been re-shaped by the Italian community, making it one of the best places to eat in the city. Check out the old jazz clubs and cafes where the beat writers created their genre and get tips on where to eat . Runs daily.
- The Castro is famous as the home of Harvey Milk – one of many LGBTQI+ heroes you’ll learn about on your exploration of this colorful neighborhood. Runs daily.
- Mission has cleaned itself up in recent years but hasn’t gentrified as much as the rest of the city, making it a fantastic place to see what the more rough and ready San Francisco once looked like. Explore architecture and streets art as you learn about the city’s huge Latino community. Runs daily.
- Things are a little more relaxed at Haight-Ashbury, which still has a whiff of the Summer of Love about it. Dive into this neighborhood’s counter-cultural history and see beautiful, houses that were once home to musicians like Janis Joplin and the Grateful Dead. Runs Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun.
- All this walking will make you hungry so don’t forget to save some time to take our Taco Tour, which takes you to some of the best taquerías in the city for samples of this authentic Mexican speciality.