Want a total Pulpit Rock experience? This is the tour for you. First, you go on an amazing fjord cruise through the extraordinary scenery of Lysefjord. After the cruise, you hike to the famous view from the top of Pulpit Rock. The boat sails from Stavanger through unforgettable fjord landscapes of idyllic islands, rocky shores, steep mountains, and powerful waterfalls. Underway, you’ll be offered a taste of clear mountain water from Hengjane Falls and see the Vagabond’s Cave of legend. Then we drop you off at the village of Forsand to take a bus to the Preikestolen trailhead for a hike to the famous plateau. The hike will take about 2 hours each way from the bus. After hiking back down, you take a bus back to Stavanger. Our modern, comfortable boats have sundecks, spacious cabins and kiosks offering refreshments, including beer and wine. New Eco-friendly Wessel from Stavanger.
Self-guided day tour to Lysefjorden and Pulpit Rock in the Summer
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 9 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- A total Pulpit Rock experience
- Experience cruising down the Fjord
- Hike to the most famous view from the top of Pulpit rock
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Lysefjord Express Cruise (Stavanger - Forsand)
- Bus Fare (Forsand - Pulpit Rock Mountain Lodge)
- Hike to the Pulpit Rock (2 hours each way)
- Bus Fare (Pulpit Rock Mountain Lodge - Stavanger)
- Maps and guidance
- Free Wi-fi onboard
What's not included
- Tour guide
- Food and drinks
Strandkaien 36, 4005 Stavanger
Departure from Rødne Fjord Cruise Pier
What to remember
- Ages 4+
- Dress for the weather and wear hiking shoes
- Bring food and water
- Please note, this is a self-guided tour and you will be supplied with an itinerary together with all the transportation tickets. Most boats, trains and busses have onboard audio guidance or visual information screens available.
- May - September
- Please refer to the calendar for updated availability
Guided Fjord Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.