Private tour of the rocky necropolis of Pantalica
- Visit Pantalica, a Unesco world heritage site
- Discover a prehistoric rocky necropolis
- Have a relaxing hike in the Anapo valley nature reserve
Discover Pantalica, a unique archaeological site and nature reserve near Syracuse. This half-day tour with a private guide lets you discover the impressive rocky necropolis of Pantalica, a Unesco world heritage. You will also hike along the Anapo valley and enjoy its beautiful sights. The duration and difficulty of the tour are flexible.
Meet your guide in Ferla (a small village near Syracuse) at 9:30 am and reach the beautiful reserve of Pantalica, a prehistoric Unesco archaeological site. You'll be able to choose several trails with different length and difficulties to visit the highlights of Pantalica. Your visit will start at the Filiporto necropolis; here you will learn about the Anapo nature reserve and enjoy an impressive panorama of the canyon. Follow your guide along an easy natural path (about 10 minutes long) and explore the medieval San Micidiario church and the village cut in the rocks. Depending on your preferences the tour can continue along the pathway or you can return to the starting point and take the car. Next, you will see the famous rocky necropolis, cut by the Sikels in the walls of the canyon. There are over 5000 rock-cut tombs in Pantalica. Our guide will tell you about the ancient inhabitants of Sicily and the past archaeological digs. The tour will then continue with a visit to the Anaktoron on the top of the Pantalica plateau, also known as the "palace of the prince".
The last part of the tour will take you to the small valley of the Calcinara creek. You'll be able to see the small village Sortino on the other side of the canyon and, on clear days, Mt. Etna. Our guide will invite you to go down along a scenic pathway. During the hike, you'll visit the medieval Crocifisso rock cut oratory and admire the impressive view of the north necropolis and the bat grotto. You will reach the lovely Calcinara river and refresh.
After a break to enjoy the shade near the cool water of the river you'll return to the car to end your visit.
- Private tour
- Professional guide
Via Vittorio Emanuele, 40, 96010 Ferla SR, Italy
Meeting point with the guide in Ferla (via Vittorio Emanuele / Piazza San Sebastiano), near the churches. You will need your own car to move from Ferla to Pantalica.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are required
- A water bottle is recommended
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or in a wheelchair
- The tour is subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or a full refund
- The tour is open to private groups of minimum 2 and maximum 25 people
- From the 16th of June to the 31st of August at 4:30 pm
- From 1st of September to the 30th of September at 3:30 pm
- From the 1st of October to the 15th of June at 9:30 am
The city of Ragusa is located in the Iblean mountains and, along with Ragusa, it is part of UNESCO H...
Throughout this 2-hour private guided tour of Syracuse you will enjoy the most important treasures o...
Try a real once-in-a-lifetime experience by renting a wonderful vintage car for the whole day: enjoy...
Meet your local guide and start this 1h30m tour that will let you discover the most important ancien...
This private walking tour explores Ortygia, the old town centre of Syracuse, placed on a small islan...
Every Thursday our fabulous party: Mamacita! Summer Season 2019 Genres: House,Hip hop,Hits Lines Up:...