With this return transfer trip, you will depart from Whakapapa Village to start your journey to the Tongariro Alpine Crossing. This is perfect for self-hikers as the transfer depart at various times including 7.20am and return to Whakapapa Village at 2.45pm, 3.45pm or 4.45pm. Your transport service will welcome you to the heart of the Tongariro National Park a UNESCO Heritage National Park where the hike will approximately take from 6 hours to 8 hours. The national park itself is surrounded by the volcanic mountains Pihanga, Tongariro, Ngauruhoe, and Ruapehu, so you can be guaranteed to enjoy a nice view.
Return transfer to Tongariro Alpine Crossing from Whakapapa Village
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 1 hour 5 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Return transfer from National Park Village to Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Step foot at Tongariro National Park a UNESCO Heritage National Park
- Get free walking poles to use during your hike and pose for a group photo
What to expect
- Round trip transfer
- Free use walking poles
- Cultural blessings
- Local stories
- Team photo
You will indicate your pickup location at checkout
What to remember
- For any questions please contact the local operator
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Transfer takes 20 minutes from Whakapapa Village to the Tongariro Alpine Crossing trail beginning Mangatepopo
- Return transfer takes 35 minutes transfer from the Ketetahi trail end back to Whakapapa Village
Backyard Tours Limited
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 50% refund.