Verona wines and vines tour
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Valpolicella region, just beyond Verona
- Visit two iconic local wineries and indulge on delicious wines paired with tasty local food
- Learn about the production of valpolicella, amarone, and recioto wines
- Explore an ancient villa and medieval church
- Hear stories of Verona culture and history
You’ll meet your guide and driver at the Verona Porta Nuova train station, where you’ll start your trip toward the fascinating area of Valpolicella — where the divine valpolicella and amarone wines are made.
You’ll pass by vineyards on the way to our first winery, an ancient villa where some Roman ruins were recently discovered. You’ll get to take in the beautiful scene from the top of the hill, where the vineyard is located. We’ll also stroll around the lovely gardens under majestic trees, visit the cellar, and learn how valpolicella is made. Best part: you’ll enjoy a selection of wines carefully chosen just for you, along with some delicious local food sourced from nearby.
Next up on this Verona wine tour, we’ll take a quick break from the vino with a short walk to a nearby pieve, a medieval rural church that holds plenty of history within its old walls. You’ll hear a few stories about this piece of the past, and learn about local life in the area.
We’ll then capture another scenic view… from the top of another! We’re settling in on the terrace of an old farmhouse that’s recently been restored into a spectacular villa. Here you’ll sip wine al fresco and enjoy the scenery. If you love the taste, feel free to bring home a bottle of that great recioto, a sweet wine that will be served to you along with some tasty homemade biscuits. Could there be any more of a spectacular way to fall in love with Italy?!
Your driver will then take you back to the city, but before your Verona tour is officially over, your guide will give you any additional info you need and answer any questions you may have, so that you can make the most of the rest of your stay in Verona city or the Veneto region.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private van transportation with driver
- Wine tastings
- Light lunch
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs or personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and driver
Entrance of the Verona Porta Nuova Train Station
- Children 0-5 years old are not permitted on this tour
- Dress standard
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking, and bring a hat and sunscreen in the summer months
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- At 10.00am
The Verona Walking Tour is the ideal solution for those who want discover the fascinating Verona Are...
Find the guide at the Veronality InfoPoint, located just less than 100 meters from Castelvecchio, th...
Enjoy a wine tasting session of some of the amazing wines produced in Valpolicella such as Valpolice...
Villa de Winckels è un vecchio monastero del 1100-1400 e fu abitata dal Generale De Winckels.Nel 199...
During this passionate walking tour of Verona you'll first see some of the most important locations ...
Legend tells that the name “Valpolicella” is derived from the words “valle” “poli” and “cellae” mean...