Beatrix Potter’s countryside tour with lake cruise
- Enjoy a river cruise along lake Windermere, the largest lake in England
- Visit Hawkshead, a picturesque medieval village
- Explore Beatrice Potter's Hill Top Farm, where she wrote many of her children stories
- See Tarn Hows, a picturesque area of the Lake District National Park
- Travel aboard a luxury 16 seater minibus and explore the places that coaches can't get to
During this afternoon tour of the Lake District, you will travel aboard a private coach with a professional guide who will give you commentaries and share stories of the region as you enjoy the fantastic views. The tour will start with a cruise on Lake Windermere, Britain's largest lake, going from Bowness Bay to Waterhead. Here, you will be able to sit back and enjoy the unrivaled views of the lake towards the fell ranges beyond. Once you have arrived at Waterhead, you make your way to Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top Farm, where she wrote many of her famous children’s stories. You will have the choice to visit the 17th-century cottage from the inside, as well as explore the garden and the shop (the entrance ticket is included in the price of this tour). The tour will then continue to the medieval village of Hawkshead, you will have some time to explore the cobbled streets of this Lakeland village and walk past William Wordsworth old Grammar School. This will also be the chance for you to grab a bite to eat, as there are a number of pubs, cafes and shops. The last stop of this tour will be Tarn Hows, one of the most beautiful locations in the Lake District National Park. Soak up the stunning views looking towards the mountains, before you make your way back to Windermere.
- Lake Windermere cruise
- Driver / guide commentary
- Entrance to Beatrice Potter's Hill Top Cottage
- Lunch and refreshments
Victoria Street Windermere, LA23 1AD
Windermere Tourist Information Centre
- There is the option of a pickup service at an additional cost of £5 per person from selected accommodations and locations in Windermere, Bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside (daily), or Oxenholme Train Station (Monday - Saturday)
- Please wear appropriate clothing and comfortable footwear. We also recommend bringing a light raincoat
- You will have several opportunities to walk a few hundred meters to take in a view or a point of interest
- There are limited opportunities to purchase food on this tour
- This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 5
- 12.00pm, please arrive at least 15mins before for check-in
This full-day tour includes ten of the famous lakes of the District, including Windermere, Rydal Wat...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Everton 30-03-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ma...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Fulham FC 22-02-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Most ...
barclays premier league: West Ham United - Southampton 04-05-2019 Stratford, London, UK Delivery Mos...
barclays premier league: Chelsea - Brighton & Hove Albion 24-02-2019 Cra. 9 4-111 a 4-1, Villavieja,...
barclays premier league: Watford FC - Wolverhampton Wanderers FC 27-04-2019 17 Occupation Rd, Watfor...